Am I the only one who gets extreme anxiety from signing up for groups?

Solution: Que up to tons of groups, change your chat from general to combat log so you don’t see if you are getting declined, you will get invited to one of the groups anyway, so all you see is success.

I think the system limits us to five sign ups at a time, that’s not to say it’s a bad suggestion though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dude are your for real? You probably have EXTREME social anxiety if you care about getting declined on pug groups. Just queue for another or make your own, damn.

Last time I pugged as healer was in Cataclysm.
After that only as dps, but also had enough abuse, including very silly situations…since then I stopped pugging. Once the healer didn’t heal me, my bubble was on CD so to not die I started to heal myself. The group asked “pala why u no dps” I explained why. And they kicked me.

2 Likes

I know it’s gonna sound crazy, but some people have debilitating Anxiety yes, doesn’t matter what form it comes in cheif, it still comes.

Think before you speak.

1 Like

I never had anxiety from computer stuff LMAO

Jesus that was a stupid reason for a kick! :confused:

1 Like

I had the same thing with bosses in diablo 2 or titanquest xD it was crazy. But somehow one day it just went away… i have no clue why… age maybe.

I doubt that you are as bad as you think. Especially if you care so much.

anxiety is a proper awful sensation. I don’t seem to get it so much ingame , mind you.
I do mostly play solo. Getting my char to 120 and 410 or so then begin again. Keeps my mind occupied so there is no way in for any anxiety .

1 Like

Other way around acctually!
«Oh my GOD, they accepted me. I have to be the top DPS, interupt everything and keep my eye on my team-mates with my stuns, healthbuffs and fears!»

After a dungeon I end up exhausted and happy though.
What I lack in DPS, I make up for with a keen eye on situations

2 Likes

I never feel anxious. Maybe if i see a spider, but nothing other then that, especially not in video games.

I so know that feeling! That’s the main reason I tend to play alone. I really want to go dungeons, raids, pvp - but it scares me so bad having to play with strangers. I’ve suffered from extreme social anxiety and only during the last few years began coming out of that shell, I’m still not completely ready for pugs, but hopefully I’ll get there - or eventually find some friends to play with.

1 Like

Happily that doesn’t extend to posting on a public forum :smiley: I share the same (albeit to a far lesser extent) sentiments. I really dislike mythic+ for this reason, i was watching videos religiously to make sure I was prepared for every single thing each and every boss and mob could do. Thankfully I realised this was unhealthy and I still spent the time on edge and fighting fericiously to make sure I was earning my keep - so I just invested my attention elsewhere :smiley:

I am the same! That’s why I joined scared of dungeon community. I always apply for random M+ And raid with tension and anxiety… what about if I screw up the instance, or my DPS is not enough and I get kicked and my name is forever stuck on their head for future times. I just want to enjoy the game but nowadays it literally takes one word to start a kick so I usually stay silent and try doing my best.
Still I don’t apply for many runs because of my anxiety and the fear of under performance. And a kick! Probably I’m more afraid of that. Same goes with islands expedition, where a kick means 30 minutes ban just because I lost track of my fellow players and I get stuck doing mobs because I can’t mount to reach them :pensive:

4 Likes

I feel like all of the posters on this thread should make our own groups and dungeon together without any fear of judgement! :smiley:

2 Likes

I did lurk for a while before I started posting here tbf and quite often I’ll type out a reply then delete it :rofl:

I’d still be panicking lol I think for me it’s the fear of making a mistake that ruins it for others and disappointing people it’s just not worth the panic attack.

1 Like

Ahhhh don’t worry! I’ll run in and wipe us, to set the tone of the dungeon :smiley: I don’t really play with anyone except a friend on Saturdays and it would have honestly been nice to have a group of people I felt comfortable with. However it’s just not on the cards :smiley:

at times it is horrible, I am also in the community scared of dungeons, what do help a lot.
one problem I still have is, if I would like to heal or tank a dungeon, I tend to eighter not do it or I go dps instead, specialy if I have to pug, I never heal a pug my self due to it, I would love to learn to tank, but I always give up after a few runs, think I once or twice got lvl 60 as tank, and then I just give up, and this is becuse I get to nervous due to having to go realy fast, or just waiting for someone to start screaming gogo, or blame me becuse they died, and when this happens, I give up and just log out or go do something else.

1 Like

I suck as a dps, and tend to tank whenever, but if you ever want to practice tanking, feel free to hit me up! I’d love to help out as a dps or healer, though I probably won’t be any good! :slight_smile: I know one other dps who we could bring too, who won’t give you any heat either! :slight_smile: Same if you wanna practice healing, I’ll gladly tank then and we can still bring the dps!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.