Am I the only one who gets extreme anxiety from signing up for groups?

As soon as I apply to join my heart starts racing. When I get the “declined” message my stomach sinks and it gives me flashbacks to being rejected on online dating websites.

13 Likes

I dont have that feeling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s probably related to what in the Starcraft world is called “Ladder Anxiety”, even though there is no comparable ladder in WoW. Like most kinds of anxiety, it’ll diminish if you consistently confront it, i.e. continuing to apply to groups in spite of the discomfort and letting yourself experience that the anxiety subsides.

The mention of the online dating site makes me question the seriousness of the query, but I think what you describe is probably pretty common and drives some of the M+ complaints.

9 Likes

This is a troll thread…

Just look at him… Tusks and all, sitting there posting…

3 Likes

Well we are talking here about anxiety,so i would see kinda past that since OP is posting from a 110,new on post character i’d wager he would get an attack if people would judge his main char.

To the OP,i kinda get it with those m+10 when i cared about them and saw them as something big at the start of BFA…but now days i just cant be arsed with taking anything in BFA serious.This whole expansion is nothing more then a big lootbox experiement in mmo’s.

2 Likes

Dude I get anxiety attacks if I put the wrong shoe on first! Don’t even ask me what happens if I try to do social stuff with actual people in a virtual world on the internet.

(Goes and sits in the corner rocking back and forth just thinking about that)

4 Likes

i do, actually. not from declining but rather from the oposite, when i get accepted.

as i only join pugs, i never know whos going to be in there and i always have this sinking feeling in my stomach because im afraid that im not good enough.

not my proudest moments, and it rarely happens, but i left the group a couple of times before we were ready to go because i completely panicked because i thought i couldnt heal that particular dungeon on a higher m+ and i didnt want to screw this persons key just because i suck. :frowning:

4 Likes

He’s a troll… As in he’s blue, and has tusks…

Just a silly little joke :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get relieved(spelling?), when I get declined.

Despite me being fairly active on the forums, group content where I don’t know the rest of the group, makes my heart go haywire, and I start shaking and want to run away.

I used to PuG a lot back in vanilla and TBC. Not sure when I stopped. I guess maybe when I started getting comfortable with the size of my friendslist.

1 Like

I dont do pug. I’ve never used the tool myself. I sometimes get dragged into a semi-pug if we lack one or two ppl, but i hate it. Always worried i wont be good enough. I dont even do LFR or use the LFD when lvling because its pugs. I can only recommend finding a nice and friendly community to do group content with.

You guys need to join a friendly community!

Last week i had paramedical training and had to do cpr on a doll in front of a crowd. This sht is even out of my confort zone. :joy:

1 Like

I get anxiety in a form of fear of being abused, for example being called “retard”, “u bad”, and similar stuff…doesn’t matter if they are right or wrong (most often it’s not my fault), it makes me want to leave the group immediately. And the mere possibility of it to happen in a pug makes me anxious and I don’t pug where I feel insecure in my abilities.

7 Likes

I love pugging

You get rid of your anxieties by confronting them and shifting your mindset to an analytical one: are my anxieties becoming reality or am I worrying for nothing.

Most of the times you will notice it’s just in your head, and that is what you must overcome.

1 Like

It’s just a bunch of nerds that dislike your class or item level.

Relax.

2 Likes

I already have :sunglasses::smiley::raised_hands:

1 Like

I was just in a mythic+ dungeon and had some red gear, I left to go repair until someone said they had a repair mount and then they started calling me a retard and idiot and had a panic attack. I guess I have to get used to this feeling.

Truth is, the ones that are offending are the retards and idiots, but knowing this doesn’t help anxiety, and facing this many times doesn’t help either.

2 Likes

I do also have serious problem to pug, no idea why, but on theese forums I super loud, and talk probably even to much instead lol.

1 Like