Amateur Warlocks having dps problems

By amateurs, I mean people who play the low mythics anywhere from 1 to about 12. They are not using rotation guides and mostly just go by instinct when casting spells.

Some classes are very dps friendly for the noob, others are a pain and Warlock is one of them. I have grouped with several lately and their dps hits the bottom almost every single time, typical destruction Warlocks.

I have problems with my destro Warlock as well and have been reluctant to use him as the guild does mythics, I fall too much behind on damage. Rain of Fire seems to hit like a wet noodle even when I get 4-5 in a row, that´s not taking into account that the tank may have to move the mobs and it becomes a prediction issue where a lot of the damage is negated.

I don´t have the above problems with my DK, Paladin and Hunter … they are pretty straight forward and less dependent on getting everything right.

Yes, I am an amateur, I will not bow down to scripted spell casting but I can´t get the dps out of warlock … and I am definitely not the only one.

Grouped with 2 warlocks using my blood DK in NW +6, was out damaging them both with similar ilvl which was weird but familiar. Our Arms warrior was a beast though … he pretty much carried the group.

I just don´t get this class … (destro) … havn´t tried the other specs.

1 Like

I don’t know exactly how it is with destro (I play demo), but it’s pretty common for casters to perform badly in low keys. The pull sizes tend to be on the small side, and bursty melee specs (and a high dps tank) will tend to kill everything before the casters can do much damage.

u need full 4 set
talentbuild 2/1/3/1/2/1
wilfereds legendary

1 rain of fire does not that much but if 4-5 rain of fire hit the same spot its getting nice , u get refunds for shard fragments from inferno talent , Set + rain of chaos spawn more infernals ( dmg + soulshard fragments ) and soulconduit also regens shards , at a certain point u have an almost infinite income on shards , every 10 shards u have a free inferno that proccs also again on damage shard fragment . If u have figured it out how to put multiple rain of fire on one spot than your dmg will go up

small edit here in lower keys u wont have any fun cause mops are already dead 2 fast

Atm the moment 2 are the big problems (as i see them on my Lock, Ele Shaman, Hunter all now are 2,5k rio)

1st. 4 Piece tier. No 4 piece tier dps is waaay too low and the rotation is even worst.

2nd. Low keys. Some specs need to build their dmg ( like Demo lock) if the adds die too fast the dps is low. Also the tanks move way to fast losing a tone of aoe dmg as Destro lock or Ele Shaman cause their aoe is on the ground NOT on the mobs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.