Ambient sound setting resets

Here's what's happening.

- I go to System > Sound and I turn off Ambient Sounds
- I CTRL+S to mute
- I CTRL+S to unmute
- Ambient Sounds is turned on automatically

This does not happen for the Music or Sound Effects settings, which will retain their selection (either on or off) after unmutting the game. Is there any easy way to fix this? Is there any way to permanently disable ambient sound.
It's a bug. Been there since 2011 or so. Though shouldn't you be able to turn the ambient sound bar down? I'm pretty sure it won't reset with Ctrl+S.
It's a bug. Been there since 2011 or so. Though shouldn't you be able to turn the ambient sound bar down? I'm pretty sure it won't reset with Ctrl+S.

Well, if it is a known bug, there's nothing to be done other than bear with it and wait until the next PTR cycle to open a thread about it (if it hasn't been fixed).

Thanks for the heads up, the bar will have to do.
STILL WAITING FOR DA FIX BLIZZARD
This is happening still. Annoying!! any fix avlble?
Please do not necro very old threads.

I am on mobile so I can't find a fix right now.
Just wondering why Blizz doesn't give a f... about this for years. Shouldnt be that hard to fix??
i'm just gonna go ahead and necro this thread, please fix this, issue still existing in legion
there is a bar for us to permanently reduce ambience to 0
Necro - cant understand why ppl whine about it if there is still the damn same issue years later with no fix..

And yes there is a bar to remove / reduce ambience but why not a hotkey to enable / disable like music / sound does ?
i like ambience in different zones but not other zones so this is a pain.

This is still an issue.