Amnesty for people who don't know what Discord and Twitch are

I admit it. I have no idea what Discord is, save that it must be some kind of channel, or chat room, or teamspeak-type thing that almost all guilds seem to use right now.

Sure I could Google the information and educate myself, but right now, I’m kind of enjoying feeling like a clueless, crusty old technophobe. Back in the days when I played Retail people generally used Ventrillo and it’s various variants to communicate. Discord, despite every Guild advertisement mentioning it is alien territory to me. WoW was the last multiplayer game I ever played. Since 2012 it’s been single player, Dragon Age/Mass Effect/Skyrim Single Player et al all the way for me, and I’m OK with that.

I haven’t a clue what Twitch is either. Not even the remotest notion, save that Streamers seem to use it.

I can’t be the only one?.. come on, there must be others out there as ignorant about all this newfangled technology malarky as I? No judgements here mate.

4 Likes

I’m in that weird middle ground where I know what those things are, but don’t really feel like using them grins

Discord is basically a mix of Teamspeak/Ventrillo and IRC. It can be used either for voice chat or as a text based chat, where it allows stuff like servers, with different chat rooms on it (but also just simple one on one messaging). I can totally see how it might be useful for guilds. But here’s the thing, I already have four or five other messengers installed that I regularly use for one reason or another. I really don’t need one more. So I’ll sit on the sidelines and shake my walking stick at all those darn kids these days, with their twitching discords :wink:

3 Likes

Raindancer is the MVP of the forums. I always see this helpful player being super chill and helpful with anyone in need, love this adorable tauren.

1 Like