An idea to solve the Gehennas overpopulation

As everybody know, queues are up to 2 hours, server lags, auction houses crash and profession nodes are not enough etc.

The solution could be to improve servers especially in 2022 but I really don’t know at this point. So mines will be just a thought.

Although free migration has been provided, nobody really wants to go to a hollow realm and play a single player game or even risk it.

So my solution would be “migrate bus”, where instead of individual migration service, for example, a capacity of a thousand players migration at once, could be provided. People would sign and wait until the thousand limit is achieved, then the migration would succeed to selected servers. And nobody would have to consider if server is empty or not.
Note that number is just an example.

I know after the hype it will turn back to normal and if population is split then some servers will go empty again, but Blizzard can always provide free transfers for example when a server hits a critical level of active players where some activities can never be done.

What do you think?

5 Likes

Nice to see new ideas etc, but i trully believe they dont give that much “fu**ks” about it, just leave the many servers concept, if you have layers you just need 1 server, but ofc, transfer server service would be gone, its that much income :slight_smile: , i will not change server, and people shouldnt transfer, they must adatp to us, not us to them.

1 Like

I agree to that. Current migration service is somehow problematic and very few people using it and ad we know it is impossible to increase server limitations with the current technology and server locks are literally late decisions.
Migration bus idea could be very effective even servers such as gehennas or golemagg could be split to 2 realms such as gehennas 1 and 2 and golemagg 1 and 2, share the same profile of players and people in the server could be switch between them as whichever they log in into.
IDK, but this que times are amazing and it could not continue like this. As underlined in the blue post regarding the server issues before mega server system should be gone for good.
Another idea will be against the spirit of classic but maybe cross realm could be used as it is in the retail.
Not that I support it but at this point classic is not even classic there is so many changes and players are demanding it. Remember that “no change” campaign in the vanilla literally lasted like 1 week. Players are not the same before just min/maxing everything and forcing to play it over GDKP nonsense. This is just killing the very idea of classic.
Maybe it should be a ban reason too, I believe most of the players will be gone due to they will find classic too hard for them without GDKP and naturally que times will be gone.
Anyways hope this problem will be solved soon!

1 Like

yupp, legit, 100%!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.