And again, who got beta access?

It’s really fun to see beta access reproduce the same real life privilege that some people have :slight_smile: .

Do you want to die laughing ? There’s some people who streamed from private TBC servers (against Blizzard ToS), they have beta access, and they didn’t had a subscription on World Of Warcraft Classic roflmao

I have no problem with them because they are truelly good players, the really deserve this access. But it’s really fun to see how Blizzard spit on their customers face every single day. Remember 15 years earlier, when Beta access was really randomized ? Seem that does not exist anymore.

Is beta access here to promote the game ? Nope, it’s here for testing and reporting bug. So please Blizzard, change your mind.

Is it a big deal for you to make thing EQUAL as 50/50 ? 50% streamers / content creator / influencer / family and friends of Blizzard, 50% random average joe. I don’t want a beta key, I’m already playing TBC private server, so I’m prepared. But there’s plenty of Classic players that really want it and lot of them are good candidate for bug testing, they can help you to debug your game.

14 Likes

I have opted for every single WoW beta since MoP and never got into a single one :innocent: its sad how little they care about the real players

8 Likes

It really sucks, i’ve been applying for beta since cata/mop (can’t remember exactly) and never got an invite, but that doesn’t bother me too much.

What angers me is, as OP said, people who break ToS get invited just because they stream, and they don’t even test much, they just speedrun the content.

4 Likes

I didn’t get an invite again, same thing with above posters. Played since 2004 open beta and opted for every other expansion.
I think you either need to be a streamer or a 100% omega shill to get a beta invite. Best thing to do apparently is to make a twitch channel like every other average joe and make subpar content for 5 viewers just to get a beta invite.

Or play a game that is made by an actual good publisher and be happy for the rest of your life.

A lot of good MMOs are coming out, mortal online 2(starting beta test tomorrow), new world etc.
Maybe a good opportunity to get into them.

yes and who are you op? you providing content with it to other people online? no? then you are not in the first wave simple.

1 Like

For the big streamers, I can understand. But giving access to some dude with 4 regular viewers and 19 followers only because he is a streamer is kind of hilarous I’m sorry. I can get a lot more viewers from my friends when I stream on discord.

Being a streamer shouldn’t be the only criteria for selection. Having good pvp or pve experience, having played the game for a long time, having participated in ingame events, having many characters from different classes etc. there are many more criteria that can logically be helpful for the beta.
So if I was the one selecting, I would definitely include a lot of good streamers, but also people with many max-level characters, people with high pvp ranks, people with high pve parses/speedrunners, minmaxers, casuals, RPers, profession enthusiasts, collectors etc. I would invite a wide range of different type of players so that different aspects of the game is beta tested more effectively.

But then again, our Bobby who loves limousines and expensive yachts more than anything so maybe the best advice I can give them is to sell beta access for real money in blizzard store. That might actually work.

1 Like

Do you understand that beta testing is for test ? Why do I have to be a content creator to simply test the game and report bugs ? There’s enough content creator to create content. I’m not here to create content, I’m here to debug the game. And I’ll never be in the later wave because there’s no wave. The only wave is streamer and friend and family.

4 Likes

I think some people who dont stream from good guilds have invites too but in this world right now I think the criteria for those people is to have atleast one who does stream from their guild.

the criteria for classic wow in general seems to be content creator first.

The retail betas were mostly content creator AND cutting edge/highend pvpers first pick. Ofcourse you want to test and debug but streamers promote the game, have good viewership and therefore can “debug” the game too via livechat. I am subbed for 14 years too and only got the stresstest from classic while I had bfa and sl beta first wave.

1 Like

What?
It’s meant to be a beta aka a bug test etc…
You shouldn’t NEED to be a streamer in order to test the game out lol.

3 Likes

It’s bad decision making but I don’t expect any better from Bobby. Maybe the advice above can convince him.

I am subbed for 17 years now(started in wow open beta in 2004 where I found and reported hundreds of bugs/glitches), I had a massive game time with almost all high end content, a dozen of max level characters, very good pvp, pve and m+ etc. standings but never got a single beta test invite at all.
Probably that I don’t stream on twitch and/or I don’t shill all the time for Blizzard and am a bit more critical about what they’ve been doing since WoD.

Anyways, gg. Good time to try other MMOs.

They hand out beta to asmongold and soda so that the viewers can report bugs. Its actually effective.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with Asmon or Soda getting beta invites. They are big streamers with a huge audience.

I’m in the no-beta club.

I have actually been invited for a couple of betas before though. I got mop beta (which didn’t count as I had the Annual Pass) and I got Shadowlands beta.

…So yeah, I got invited to the beta of two of the game’s worst expansions. Go me.

Annual Pass; it did work.

MoP had way too many “beta testers”.

Blizzard betas are for advertisement, not for testing.
They will always prioritize streamers because they provide free advertisement.

1 Like

I have a beta invite. I had one for Classic too.

I never used it, and I won’t use this one. Would rather pay the real game when released.

As long as you keep paying for stuff as nothing happened then nothing is going to change.

I get your point, but I’m not offended by this even tiny little bit.
Famous streamers will cry and get beta either way, like they get all the free cool stuff.

Blizzard prefer to keep influencers on a short leash and they’re even open about it, by doing so they get many benefits, like free advertisement, and influencers not debating as much on controversial points like “boost” being clear cash grab.
Since when we saw streamers going hard on Blizzard? thats the big part of reason why they get the first pass.

1 Like

Big ones can, smaller ones can’t or don’t see it as people outside of the benefits zone (like Hearthstone play costs etc).

As Asmon got it we could see him with other popular people wipe to Fel Reaver, do some dungeons and stuff like that. Plus any exploitable thing would instantly be public - also for Blizz.

If they invited sweaties from Classic they would start optimizing leveling routes/rep grinds and stuff which we would not see, plus they would likely leave bug/exploit-alike things for themselves if they could benefit from.

And if they would invite “I played this game for 60 years” then they would be spammed with “bug reports” like “this mob hits for 50 while I remember it hitting for 60” or just going through pure data testing which isn’t the key aspect of the beta (check the know bugs list - they have a lot of things to fix on the engine versus converted old data front).

And in the end they will give giveaway beta “codes” to streamers and content creators for a win-win relationship :wink:

1 Like

The only beta I’ve ever been into was WoD where you actually were able to get a key from 3rd party websides. I’ve never been invited to any beta in 13 years of playing this game and I hate how I’m not able to show Blizzard that I’m actually willing to test the game and play like a mad man. Kinda sad.

1 Like

What astonish me is they gave beta access to streamer with very low audience (less than 250 viewers), they are not Blizzard partner, they didn’t played Classic post-phase 1, and they got a TBC beta access. And not to mention sreaming of private server, seem Blizzard don’t care unless you are not average joe.

2 Likes