Another disappointing move again Blizzard

I say that you don’t need to buy anything from that store(mounts, pets, toys, boosts, whatever). You just need to buy the game and sub or gametime and that’s enough to play the game.

You paid full price for the expansion + subscription, yet you are locked out of part of the content, unless you even pay more. The whole idea of the in-game shop is just a spit in the eye.

3 Likes

Funny enough In game shop was added when activision and blizzard merged :joy:

its just a coincidence!!!111

2 Likes

It’s only cosmetics, that’s fine no one should have issues with that.

If it was tier sets or weapons I could understand that frustration but it’s not.

The toys they are offering to help raise funds for the esports event just means they are pooling resources to fund it, nothing wrong with that and it’s entirely 100% optional.

There is no such thing as only cosmetics in an MMO like WoW. There are several people that use the addon All The Things, to collect everything in the game, as the game itself does not have enough meaningful content. Collecting itself is an activity in this game and it is bootlegged by the shop.

1 Like

yeah.
so lets make it so you gotta pay real money for each mount, except 1 horse
each pet
each transmog
each toy
etc.

since, it clearly is fine in your opinion :joy:

Jesus… how are forums still free?

2 Likes

I ain’t crying - just /face palming at the lack of search capability

But those items have zero impact on your ability to play the game.

they don’t prevent you in any way from completing in game content such as dungeons, raids, arena, battlegrounds, world quests, expansions, old content, rp,pvp,pve anything at all you can imagine is still achievable in game.

All the things…whatever that 3rd party addon is, could easily not count store items and viola you remove 17 or so items and all of a sudden it makes no difference…

Then make it something that doesn’t count towards a meta achievements or is part of a collection tab. Every time you open your toy tab you’re gonna see that gaping hole where you could’ve filled up the slot by paying $14.99.

It doesn’t matter in the slightest for the gameplay, but it’s still annoying because blizz is setting a shïtty precedence where they’ll gladly act on a F2P business model while still charging us 13 euros a month.

1 Like

Call me old fashion, but when I buy a game I demand to get the whole thing. I bought everything that is not microtransaction in this game, yet neither my toy list will be completed nor my mount collection.

2 Likes

Can’t help you there, that’s a personal issue then.

The shtty precedence would be if they charged for access to dungeons or raids.
Or did what activision do and charge for a scope.

Nothing on the Blizzard store has an impact on the game…not sure why this is difficult to grasp.

I get it for content, I 100% agree.

But for a few cosmetics…I don’t care if they charge for some of that.

Enjoy being exploited then.

3 Likes

So you’re telling me you have the same expectations for a F2P game as you do for a game that you not only pay 30(?) euros per expansion for but also 13 euros a month? F2P games only sell cosmetics too.

Welp

1 Like

those games dont have a freeeking subscription.

2 Likes

It rarely has that effect, instead of discussing it and getting all replies in one they spread it out and they all sink fairly quickly.

Oh no, I’ll give an example to go on here.

Planetside 2, MMOFPS game free to play if you want.
you earn currency by playing which you can use to purchase weapons with a set cosmetic appearance, you can if you wish purchase that weapon with real money with a different cosmetic appearance same stats no actual difference but it might be pink or have flames on it or something.

2 players one that paid for the weapon and one that used in game currency can have a head to head and it will still be skill that separates them because the only difference is the appearance.

the game does not allow players to purchase anything which gives an advantage such as improved armour or class skills those have to be earned.

WoW offers a hell of a lot less than that game does on it’s store but the same mindset exists where only cosmetic items can be purchased.

But one is free 2 play and relies solely on cosmetics to survive and the other has a monthly subscription? The systems are comparable but the business models aren’t.

I can buy a battle pass in fortnite and it won’t give me a competitive edge too, hardly any F2P games lets you buy power anymore apart from asian ones.

I agree with you that cosmetics are a non-issue, I just don’t think they’re a good fit for a game I pay monthly for. It’s just a display of corporate greed, if they really need those 200 horse sales a month I’d rather have a 1 euro hit on my monthly sub so I could collect everything in-game without spending more money.

1 Like

So what if it’s been posted more than twice? Who are you the forum police? Maybe go away and play the game that’s so great.

1 Like

and one of those game has a subscription you pay every month.

2 Likes