Another disappointing move again Blizzard

Really shows how strange the company is going, You shut down one of your E sports and now want to open E sports alongside wanting us to help you… Pretty exploiting and pushing micro-trans which is like emotional blackmail to those who really enjoy it and don’t want to see it go…

Acti-blizzard has now stopped hiding its tracks and clearly just doesn’t care anymore, I’m actually shocked, Lets hope you don’t lock this forum because in my view I want to see the views of others and how it makes them feel something you as a company should take into consideration regardless of how small the forum base is.

19 Likes

How many times is this gonna get posted?

4 Likes

I wonder how long till we have to pay subscription on top of subscription.

like “you have to pay for subscription to have access to your game subscription” sorta thing.

14 Likes

If it gets locked like the other vids just pointless at they cant take criticism.

3 Likes

sad.
they have to make money for activision, but they have nothing new, no new IP, no new stuff for existing IP, so they decided to go ahead and exploit the most dedicated fans.
so sad.
i will never give them money.

5 Likes

I have no views on this because I haven’t watched the video (I wouldn’t pay for anything to do with e sports as I don’t watch them kinda thing) I just wanted to say hi Lumbo :slight_smile: nice to see you back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still got 16 days left, This isn’t making me want to stay I’ve got my friends trying to coax me back but Blizzard seem to be pushing me away while others are trying to pull me back, I’m conflicted beyond belief.

To be honest I will never understand Blizzard, I will never understand the playerbase and most importantly I will never understand myself and the reason I still give money out to a company that treats me like a dog. A bought each expansion for full price, maintained my subscription for most of it and still I have part of the game that I cannot access.

And while I know it is solely Blizzards fault, I’m still here. Paying for it.

2 Likes

They said how big the prize pools were going to be in the announcement, prior to any sales. The price pools were significantly upped from any previous tournaments. How excactly are we paying for it?

They give us the option to support the e-sports. Completely voluntary.

How is this a bad thing?

Its optional to support them by buying the new “toys” which will be available for purchase. other games do this well before blizzard have… its not forced on you, its optional so be happy with that much.

1 Like

That’s true though its the fact they essentially dropped Esports opened it back up with a open wallet for you to put money into when someone wins a cash prize usually you find its giving back to the players.

Now its players giving to the players its a very bad move in my opinion and yet again toys / pets whatever it is something that could be added in the game as content is now stuff you need to buy.

Watch the video and get a grasp of financial ideology that Blizzard are using.

1 Like

Many :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the third topic on this

If a company funds a prize in some sort of contest where do you think that money comes from? It always comes from the customers that pay for their products. This is where companies get their money from. So nothing new prizes were always indircetly sposored by players that pay.

I can 140% relate to this right now lol

1 Like

thanks sherlock, except, we’re already paying for the actual game, and subscription.

1 Like

Its simple really 1 topic is seen and removed , now if more than one topic covers this subject it gets better coverage and spreads the news. Its like having several news broadcasters talking about the same topic. It gets the message out there.

And you don’t need to pay for anything else. I never bought anything from Blizzard store other gametime or some Virtual Tickets. I don’t buy ingame items or services for money because I don’t like that idea.

yeah you dont NEED to do anything. you can just log-in on lvl 1 character and stay afk.
I dont get whats the point you’re trying to make.

1 Like