Any fanfiction writers/readers?

I finished reading Shadows Rising yesterday and my fingers are itching to write some fanfiction.
I’m a (veteran) fanfiction writer but I never really tried to write WOW fanfiction. Is there a “market” for that? Where do you guys post or read your favourite WOW fanfictions?
I figured this would be a good place to start, but I haven’t seen many posts about this…

I used to read a lot of fanfic back in the day. One website that was popular back then, and still appears to be running to this very day is fanfiction.net. Their website still looks like garbage, but they have been around for so long you’ll probably find quite a few stories there.
Oh, and if you’re looking for some nice software, I’ve been trying out Nimble Writer [https://nimble.tools/writer/]. The themes are customisable, and you can keep notes on characters and whatnot within the program itself which is very useful. It’s just a nice lightweight option for story writing in general.

I’ve known ffn for many years but I never posted there. My fanfictions were always very niche so I used to just post in more appropriate, specific forums or websites. But I did check it out last night and I found out it has a Warcraft category. I’m definitely gonna go through it in the next few days to see if there’s anything I might enjoy reading.
And thank you for recommending Nimble. I’m not familiar with it. I used Scrivener for a while, but I don’t have it installed right now, so I’m definitely going to check out this Nimble Writer to see if I like it better. :slight_smile:

I mean, isn’t that what roleplaying is all about? It’s just more of a collaborative effort.

1 Like

I think roleplaying and fanfiction are very different things…

1 Like

I think this is a case of like, roleplay is always fanfiction but fanfiction isn’t always roleplay.

Yes, I can agree with this.

Playing a character within a setting and writing a story of your own are entirely different. I’ve heard that people can be good writers and struggle with the cooperative part of roleplay, since their concepts do not quite work out in the case of a scenario with multiple writers. Any sort of assassin character is a good example of that; it relies on killing other people, and you’re left in a scenario where you either godmod kills on other characters and no one (rightfully) wants to interact with you, or your character never manages to kill anyone therefore they are inept at their job and there is no point to their existence. When you are the sole creator of a story, you are more likely to utilise such character and explore the concept.

1 Like

Yes, they are. I’d just list the effort involved in writing a character for roleplay as pretty functionally identical as an expression of writing a story within an established setting.

I do write a lot of fiction taking place in the World of Warcraft. It is sadly random when I do as the spark needs to be there for it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.