Any Havoc DH here that got Keystone Master with Pugging?

So with how incredibly likely it is to get insta declined applying to keys as Havoc atm, i ve really been wondering if there are any Havoc DHs that got Keystone Master without playing with premades.
I for my point got all 14s timed and i just wont get a single invite for a 15, I come home from work pretty late and have to go to sleep pretty ealry as well, so atm I do not have a lot of time to sit in front of my PC applying to 15s for the whole day, just to finally get one sinlge invite after hours.

If Blizzard wont do anything about Havoc DHs, they will always keep their bad reputation of being a gutted spec not worth inviting and pugging as a Havoc DH will remain a Nightmare.

1 Like

Feel ya… I also get declined all the time , that’s why I boosted my own keys and it worked. Even with 1450 io I get declined for weekly chest runs :joy:. Just boost ur key!

1 Like

yeah… i ve tried pushing my own key before out of frustration, but i just seem to have really bad luck with the runs and keys i get.
Like last week i had some 13 i dont remeber, got that to 14 which happened to be PF on a tyrannical week and there you go 13 again, later even became a 12, so i kinda lost the motivation to get it to a 14 once again in order to potentially get a key that would get me some rio IF timed.

Either way i am wasting a lot of time for essentially nothing.

yup, KSM with pugs, tho I did all mine as VDH. Anywho, ill give you a bit of advice that a wise man once gave to me: “run your own keys boi!”.

But seriously, all 14s timed is like what 1.2k rio or something like that, more or less (i stopped playing after KSM cause well no reward after it, hence I might be way off from the rio score), so just push your own keys. You get the benefit of choosing your own crew.

If you think you’ll get better ppl with just quing i can tell you from my exp, its the same crap, you just wait longer to start playing. Sometimes youll ran into toxic ppl, sometimes well things just don’t go to plan but in general things even out and you get to play with great ppl or really chill ppl.

Just be chill and take it easy, you cant force keys if you dont have a steady crew. Also, please dont be one of those “i take only meta classes, 45k rio etc” ppl. You can find some great players in offmeta specs too. Gl m8 :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I mean I did ask if there are havoc DHs who got KSM with pugging, getting it as the best tank in the game atm shouldnt be an issue really, but thanks for the advice nontheless, I might try running my own key after the reset and hope i wont get depletes or leaves after one wipe shoved in my face^^

true but look at it this way…try being a “best tank” in game atm with everyone being the same best tank with higher score than you and im NF not kyrian. That alone gave me a world of hurt with qquing about why am i not kyrian and “dude wtf are you playing!!!” “we wont time it if youre not angel boi!!!” etc etc

p.s. i also KSM in bfa as havoc with pugs

Well while most tanks are DHs, tanks are still fairly rare and it will sometimes take ages to find one, so if your ilvl and rio are appropriate for the key your applying for you will very likely get an instant invite. I ve seen 210 ilvl and below VDHs being invited to 14s because the leaders were so desperate to find a tank, that they didnt even give a damn about the right ilvl at that point. While as a DPS or Havoc specifically if you want to get quick invites you will have to apply to keys that youre hella overgeared for and your rio also has to be higher than what people would have trying to time said key.

So did I, but havoc was in a way better place during BFA and wasnt considered as gutted and straight up bad, which to a certain point it is, the ST is really trash and the survivability as well, the aoe on the other hand is pretty decent, that however is not enough to get you invited.
You need to have everything, just like the meta classes, great aoe and st, great utility etc. therfore people wont invite Havoc atm since it does not offer those things.

I did. You can check on my rio page to see what people/classes/specs I did it with. Every single day I decided to apply for groups, I’d never get in before being declined for more than an hr or so, sometimes more. Tanks are more or less ok overall, played with all 6, warrior being a bit less tanky. Healers are ok too even tho disc priests struggled with this past week’s affixes. Dpsers are a whole different thing. You can feel it when you play with a fire mage + boomkin (bosses will melt, packs melt) and their survivability helps a lot too. The truth is some specs do monstruous amounts of damage atm and you can easily notice it.

I did it. I only had a tank friend(rdruid, so not exactly meta either), rest were mostly pugs and we mostly did our keys. Unfortunately, we had to be very selective of what we invite so we’re able to complete. I did 95% of the time more overall dps than the other 2 dps classes but it doesnt seem to matter.

Well yeah as a single dps Havoc getting into groups is very hard, pushing your own key on the other hand, is also not as easy as one might expect.
A good example for that would be me once again getting a +13 PF on a tyrannical week today and nobody applying to the group until I finally just gave up and tried applying to 15s, but that wasnt crowned with any success either.

Also i wanted to ask you something, i saw that your pretty good on your rating especially for rgbs, I was wondering with DH not being in the best place right now in PvP as well, how exactly did you get your ratings in arena and rbgs ?
Did you just pug them, or do you play with premades, since i find its pretty hard to get invited into rbgs as Havoc, pretty much the same thing as it is with m+… And also people dont really want to play arena with a DH either, so i ve really been wondering on how you did it. I wanted to get into PvP as well but being a DH atm I really wasnt in for a warm welcome into the world of PvP and got frustrated pretty fast.

Not gonna lie, finding high quality groups as a DH has been close to impossible.

I’m Curved with 6/10M progress and 1200ish RIO and I still get declined from PUGs frequently.

I did KSM as havoc yesterday. Playing with PUGs exclusively.
Extremely hard and frustrating experience, it wouldn’t be far from the truth if I say I was getting 1 invite per 100 applications. Definately the hardest KSM yet from all the seasons i’ve participated.
On the other hand I have very few failed attempts - I think I was in 2 groups with leavers and 1 not timed.
The hardest dungeon to get into was HOA - every single group wants a venthyr and i’m not. Ironically I did it with a group without a venthyr.

Probably nothing new, but I’d suggest working your way to time every single dungeon at 14 and then start trying to apply for 15. Very few people actually look at your rio when they see that purple colored name in the queue, but they exist.

For the Arenas – in 2s I was mostly helping my friends who are not the greatest pvp-ers so thats why rating and w/l ratio are bad. For 3s, you need to find your own group and create groups around your rating with the most preferable comps. Some of them are Warrior/DH/Hpal(Rsham) ; WW/DH/Rsham(Hpal) ; Ret/DH/Disc(Rsham) ; The newest is one of the best atm if you can find someone willing to play it — DH/Spriest/RSham = Insane Survivability for you and the team as well.

For RBGs, you are NEVER EVER gonna get invited as a Havoc. You are gonna be needed as Vengeance and only play Havoc on certain maps like Kotmogu but even there Vengeance is more useful in some ways.

I’ve pugged mostly as I said my friends are not the best pvp-ers. For RBGs specifically, I’ve found some communities to play with but all those were found through pugging.

I gave up and specced Vengence. It’s not so bad being a tank, give it a try, you might like it.

Also on the upside tank and dps share the same secondary stats and on top of that share the same stats for pvp so that’s nice in a way you can gear up both specs at the same time and don’t have to compromise. Bite the bullet and go tank, trust me you will feel wanted again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.