Any ''new'' tweaks to improve performance?

Looking for some ‘‘new’’ or ‘‘hidden’’ tweaks for windows 10 to improve performance in wow,not looking for copy-paste stuff like delete cache,change dx and so on.

What’s your hardware and what’s your problem? :wink:

buy a good pc.

“Buy a good PC” → LOL

I have RTX 3080 and 5600x and in raids or open world bosses + big battlegrounds I still gets below 60 fps!

If you watch some streams with WoW, even the race first, the streamers with RTX 3090 gets 40 fps in the newest raid!

So stop saying to buy good PC. The problem with low fps in high populated area, raids, epic BG’s etc is the engine.

They added RTX, I hope they will add DLSS soon. I think that can help a lot.

1 Like

The cpu is what important for when many people in screen,single core power more important than many cores,my pc is 7 years old and i never go below 60 fps (4790k,maximus hero 7,gtx 1080 16gb ram,ssd m2,sometimes is not only buy a rtx 3090 ,you also have to know how to tweak your pc and have a good single core cpu is better than many core but no power also i play graphics on 10 at 1080p and game has allways had good fps ,tye lowest i got was 55 fps in ashran but that epic bg allways had problems that why they even decreased max player at sone point,cant say the same about the stutters introduced with dx12 tough…and since the last bug of the game stuttering when the map is opened never was fixed 100% but thats in blizzard hand not our pc…

But yeah,all in all having a good cpu with good single core performance is whats gonna help you more in wow,not a rtx 3090.

Some addons can cause issues as the addons are limited to one core as well so if you have lot of addons, weakaraus etc. try without addons and see if performance increases or not. After that you can add addons over time and see what is causing most issues.

There used to be a profiler addon which was helpful to find badly behaving addons. It is unlikely DLSS or such will give much improvements when heavily using addons.

You think it doesn’t but it does, especially when new zone or instance has regression (especially Spires of Ascension) or when it was corruption gear and mass combat. Not to mention 4790K is below in single core performance than modern AMD or Intel chips (and you need at least 6 cores for optimal WoW + Windows performance).

DXR not RTX. RTX is a name for Nvidia graphics card. What WoW has is raytraced shadows.

And the game in combat will be limited by the “world state” which is managed by the CPU. This problem increases with addons or when Blizzard gets brilliant idea like corruption and multiple level of procs and effects :wink:

If you want more you can check my benchmarks:

https://rk.edu.pl/en/world-warcraft-shadowlands-beta-benchmarks/

or Hardware Numbers WoW-benchmarks and tuning of latest hardware:

https://www.youtube.com/c/HardwareNumb3rs/videos

No it doesnt,like i said the only time i get below 60 fps is in ashran epic bg where it drops to 55 ,and that because i play graphics on 10/10.

You think it does ,but it doesnt ,not my problem if people cant build pcs and buy a 3000 series and then buy a 200 euro psu. If you want i can make a video showing u my fps anywhere you want.

You think you know my pc better than me xD