Any news about enhancement survivability?

Blizzard please. Tell me why enhancement shaman can’t have some survivability fixes? The honest answer like “We don’t want you to play enhancement spec” is good enough. Be honest. What’s going on?

1 Like

We don’t want you to play shaman as damage dealer go resto or reroll ~blue

The new fleshcraft will be your go-to defensive.

You know I mean like ‘base’ survivability and not covenant ability.

1 Like

I wouldnt count on anything in that department this Addon. Maybe the next one.

it’s sad but it has always be that way enhancement shaman only had shamanistic rage then astral shift , both are not panic button and can’t “cancel” mechanics in raids , and both can’t save you from dying just before you fall like a bubble , an aspect of the turtle an iceblock or everything of the same flavor :stuck_out_tongue:
I don’t think they plan to give shamans an additionnal defensive cooldown sadly

our survivability is actually not too bad now? although a little bit more wouldn’t hurt, I feel like a clothie but i’m wearing mail xD

While I do agree with your statement.

They have answered this question and that wasn’t the answer there was a huge blow up about it.

They deem Ankh as Ur survivability tool and that it requires skill to know when to and to not use it.

Now imho that’s flawed AF reason it doesn’t make sense. If you asked the shaman playerbase

“Between real survivability and anhk which one would you prefer” I’m pretty certain everyone would say real survivability.

Death using ankh or not counts as a death in m+
Repeating a kill on the enhancement shaman in arenas isn’t hard espically when CDs aren’t reset upon its use.
It works out to be the highest survivability CD in the entire game yet is underwhelming as a “survivability cooldown”
They litterally handed this as a covenant trait to other classes.

It’s proven time and time again that the current iteration of shaman isn’t working well. It’s been a obvious sign since legion to not fundamentally work

Basically for class design to be good again

The whole “strengths and weaknesses” need to go out the window. And I don’t mean duplicate classes.

When fundamentally designing a class you need to have a base kit which gives the class what it needs to work in different environments, then you need to add the extras in to fill out those sections.

Then layer ontop a talent system which enhances different abilities for certain environments.

Instead we got a class with clear weaknesses. And only the ability to double down on what Ion beelives your class should do.

What is the problem with Enha survivability?

In PVE… not too much. In PVP it is squishy as f. I’m playing mostly Rated BG. If I see people are targeting me, I’m poping my only Astral Shift, turning into a wolf to run or insta heal to full to and yet I’m dying instant. If you are alone rogue can kill you with prepopped astral shift on single opener keeping you in chain stun.

are you trolling or is the question genuine?

1 Like

i’d argue its still not enough.

Enviroments have Unavoidable Pulse Damage in its PvE Content. they are tearing classes down for the sake of “Strengths v Weaknesses” Design which is flawed in itself.

How can they treat survivability and Mobility as Strengths v Weaknesses, its just making classes incapable. just build a class to be a class.

Ankh is not even available in rated PvP… while this stupid cocoon/egg stuff is. TOPKEK Blizzard… TOPKEK.

but that doesn’t do much? using it in the middle of the fight doesn’t protect you much and you lose ALL your dmg while channeling.
using it at the start doesn’t even matter, will slowly fade from random dots

nothing, in grey screen nobody can kill me.
luckily i always have grey screen mode on in bgs

I’m pretty sure he was being sarcastic. :slight_smile:

wouldn’t be too sure about that :x
hopefully it is but since they buff flesh craft to 40%, it might look like for some that it is an alternative for no def cd.
In pve that actually might be true. If you know in high keys something gonna one shot you without def cd, you can put up the shield first ;|

1 Like

I’m pretty sure almost everybody is aware that Flesh Craft doesn’t fix any issues shaman has.

The biggest defensive issue, aside from only having Astral Shift, is, that Astral Shift can’t be used while being stunned.
Now Flesh Craft can’t be used while being stunned either and on top of it, it’s channeled. Flesh Crafts only use is at the start of the arena match, before combat happens and to bait kicks… that’s pretty much it.

Even there it’s somewhat debatable… I’d rather cast Astral Shift, which is instant, than to channel for 4 seconds. 4 seconds of channeling = no dmg.

Back to being sarcastic -> Blizzard once said that “shamans defensive ability is Ankh” which is most likely the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard from Blizzard since it’s not even usable in rated environments and has a 30 min cd. Imagine shield wall having a 30 min cd… topkek.

But ^— this is pretty much the reason why people are being sarcastic/cynical when it comes to shaman defensive abilities.

Enhancement is bottom tier in RBG anyway. If you want to play Enha in PvP it should be arena and in arenas it’s not that squishy thanks to great heals.

i wholeheartedly agree. That is why i resorted to using General Draven exclusively for PVP. Nadjias cc reduction is good but if you get cc you are standing still so i will get the health buff from Draven which persists for a few seconds after i move. His 10% reduction on the first trait is also really sweet. My game improved significantly after switching to Draven.

In arena or proper RBG groups that you can count on your healers Nadjia is better, but in pugs and weak groups its Draven all the way