Any Night Elf lore master around here?

I watch you when you sleep.

I’ll lick your toes when you feel safe.

1 Like

Kinky

but dudflex has started to cut off his legs and feet in ritualistic sacrifice to restore his vitality.

therefor he has no toes to sup upon.

i gave you a leg up, dud.

That really helps now I’m a FOOT Ahead.

Pls sstop with the puns I’m gonna cry.

Alright, we’ll KICK the Topic.

yeah we’ll give it the ol’ boot, sorry guys.

1 Like

Oh my God, please read the OP. That part is not meant to be shoved down people’s throats. It’s a BACKSTORY, not something that will be repeated on a constant basis.

If it bothers you fine, but remember just because you don’t like something, people might not share your views/opinions.

Anyway, thanks to those who provided constructive replies.

I’m not asking them to? But there seems to be a few who agree with me nonetheless. If you don’t want people commenting on you plugging imps all day, don’t write that you plug imps.

1 Like

Archenon Poros, gaybois

The Legion’s meat draws near…

2 Likes

A few months (actual training) is nothing for the power level demon hunters have that would take warlocks years to achieve. Training new demon hunters is actually extremely quick, a matter of months (as seen in the Illidan novel). The ritual itself and the binding through tattoos, a matter of a few days. So I don’t really understand your point.

Vandel undertook the ritual four months before the fall. Three months before the fall he already went to assault the Legion along with the other demon hunters.

That depends on what you mean by “self-trained”. As I said above, trained by another demon hunter that was originally trained by Illidan? Yes. Someone who somehow asspulled the same ritual Illidan developed out of nowhere? Unlikely and no canon source supports it.

1 Like

https:// wow. gamepedia . com/ Writings_of_the_Void
(No space, forums won’t let me post links :()

Along with this quest, there’s plenty of suggestions that there are those who followed in Illidan’s path without his direct tutelage, as rare as that might have been.

Seeing how he were imprisoned right after the War of the Ancients, it would’ve been impossible for him to teach demon hunters such as Ilysanna and Telarius Voidstrider (https:// wow. gamepedia .com/ Telarius_Voidstrider)

If the quest revolving the latter is anything to go by, the rituals to become a demon hunter were documented by either Illidan or even the Legion itself, so it isn’t terribly far-fetched for an elf to have been ‘self taught’.

In any case, there’s enough lore characters to support demon hunters who at the very least started on their training prior to seeking him out in Outland, regardless of how flaky it might seem.

4 Likes

Put a ` at each side of the link, and it should be fine. :smile:

Edit: i also shall add Warcraft 3 Demon Hunters, and Loramus Thalipedes from blasted lands as well, to further reinforce Sal’s statement. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here is the Real question though, a Question we’ve wanted answered since Warcraft’s creation:

If a Night Elf is borne in the day, Does that make it a Day Elf?

Wait… where did he stick the imp?

They cant even translate their own name right.

1 Like

Where didn’t he is a better question.

1 Like

Where they belong…

I’m aware of those quests, and as I mentioned above:

That depends on what you mean by “self-trained”. As I said above, trained by another demon hunter that was originally trained by Illidan? Yes. Someone who somehow asspulled the same ritual Illidan developed out of nowhere? Unlikely and no canon source supports it.

I see it as too far-fetched to come up with Illidan’s ritual all by yourself if you didn’t have someone (Illidan or a DH trained by Illidan) guide you through it / give you extensive instructions. Again, please read what I wrote.

Seeing as the ritual itself is a matter of a day, if you really want to stretch it (with the complications after) a week, I don’t see it as impossible for him to have trained anyone. My only concern with that theory is the lack of mention in novels, and dungeon journal + Black Rook Hold notes being the only suggestion it even could have happened.

If the quest revolving the latter is anything to go by, the rituals to become a demon hunter were documented by either Illidan or even the Legion itself, so it isn’t terribly far-fetched for an elf to have been ‘self taught’.

Personal opinion, then. I believe it is too far-fetched, seeing the unique knowledge Illidan acquired during his interactions with the Legion and Sargeras. Nothing suggests either that he wrote his secrets down. He was quite secretive about that and to claim your character stumbled over a bunch of Illidan’s scribblings on how to become a demon hunter, is just not my cup of tea unless we have direct sources supporting it, which I’d love to see but don’t know of.

Telarius’ lot obviously had some of that knowledge (perhaps they wrote them down after being trained?), so that’s totally cool, I just don’t agree with the fact, that you claim you can figure out the DH ritual without any connection to Illidan / his followers. That’s really the only thing we don’t agree on.

In any case, there’s enough lore characters to support demon hunters who at the very least started on their training prior to seeking him out in Outland, regardless of how flaky it might seem.

Never contradicted this, I assume it is a response to Mithralles.

1 Like

One can try and look at it as if Illidan trained others in the art of demon hunting prior to his own corruption by the skull of Guldan. If my memory serves he was a demon hunter when Tyrrande meets him in his prison (as can be seen by mouse cursor on him). So if she trained with him prior and was jailed with him, she might have gotten the demon curse from the same demon at the end of Black Rook Hold and not an Illidan ritual which was rather new.
But i know this is not canon, just me trying to explain it to better fit, something Blizzard should address.

Dude, I never claimed all demon hunters where trained by Illidan, you did. All I said was that Illidan was the first demon hunter and the ones that came after him follow in his footsteps, yet you said that Ilyssana Ravencrest and whoever had been trained by him, while they could easily have been self-taught using Illidan as a example.

Wth man.

Which is impossible since Illidan was already a “traitor” by the point she wanted to study under him and right after the Sundering (and his creation of the Second Well of Eternity) he was imprisoned for life because of his betrayel.

There is literaly no time where he could’ve trained students until after WarCraft III.

So she must’ve been self-taught.