Any point to anima or renown?

I kinda enjoy going around doing meaningless kill x mobs stuff and such and so on. I don’t go out of my way to farm anything at all. I have my job and it’s 40 hours a week, I have a lot of fun at it and I cannot work from home so when I do get home I just want to do simple stuff. And if I don’t want to log I won’t so organized raiding is simply not an option.
So I just run around doind world quests. And by doing those, and my callings and the mission table, I do earn anima and renown.
I sometimes feel like I want to farm more anima so that I can upgrade my sanctum faster but I can easily let go because really I’m fine with what I have right now. I slowly get better gear which will make it easier to tackle the world quests and farm anima. Eventually I will get everything I want. Maybe this expansion, maybe the next, maybe Blizzivision will decide to remove this or that and that will be fine as well. I’m not so demanding, I choose my own fun. And if that is pet battling on alts for one day and lfr/lfd the other so be it (:

So you’re happy enough just doing world quests?

At the start of the expansion, it took me an hour and a half to two hours to complete all WQs, now it takes me 30 to 40 minutes.

Most mission table quest was 10+ hours to complete, now they are reduced down to 2-3 hours.

Have two mission table followers at level 51, a couple at 49, most between 37 and 46, and I can see potential in mission tables being a good source of income.

So no, I don’t think that it’s pointless, I see potential in it if you unlock everything and get them up and running.

YEYEYE, but we are in a game, players should have fun in a game, not working for weeks for one upgrade.

Because of how they add the story and events and such, I have no idea what Ember Court is. Yes, I could just…google it, but I won’t.

They did a pathetic job at telling us about the World of Shadowlands and they just throwed us things …in a idiotic randomness that only in F2P games I saw this kind of … approach.

For now, yes. But I only started playing SL about 6 weeks ago so everything is still relatively new for me. I know at some point I’ll be done with it, but at some point my gametime will run out too so all is well in the world (:
I was curious about SL but didn’t care enough to get it before. Then the lockdown happened and with no other way to spend my heard earned money I figured I could have a go at SL.
Once my gametime runs out I will see if I buy another month or so, and if not I can always dabble some in HS or Slay the Spire. The thing about HS is that even though I haven’t played for over a year, I can still get by with my old cards because the new meta won’t have the answers to my deck anymore!

I think you’re not getting my point. All the work just gives you nothing more than a slightly quicker means to obtaining yet more anima. Given anima itself is a useless currency the whole thing is kinda pointless. You see that was my issue, I didn’t mind the daily jump around, wasn’t anything special but it was a nice way to ease into the game but that’s only because I thought there was something at the end of the tunnel.

All the ‘upgrades’ I was working toward do nothing other than make it a little easier to farm more anima.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.