Any point to anima or renown?

Hi,

This is a genuine question, I’ve been pretty much panicking each week to try and get through all the renown and major anima quests on all my chars believing that it somehow meant something in terms of improving my character’s abilities perhaps in the long-term), but this week rather than panic I’ve decided to simply not bother because I’m beginning to think that all this ‘stuff’ has no actual bearing on my character at all with perhaps the exception of the first dozen or so levels (unlocking the soulbinds etc – though these too also seem very convoluted, as if they all arrive at the same point i.e. they’re pretty much of little use).

So, could someone explain whether all this stuff is actually kinda pointless or whether it’s worth the time because part of me thought it essential but now I’m beginning to think otherwise.

Thanks.

Rank 30 renown is generally fine for most, 34 for the odd spec what need a dif soulbind. Anima, useless. Ain’t touched mine since week 2. All cosmetic Garbo

1 Like

I just spending all of my anima on ember court because it is only fun activity you can do once week.

Renown is kinda useful, because it unlocks soulbind rows (and even soulbinds, indirectly), so you need enough renown to unlock the soulbind you wish to run with. Past that, it’s mostly useful for the stamina buff every now and then, but that’s not a game breaker.

Anima is mostly for cosmetics. You can use it to upgrade the Covenant gear to 197, which is nice for alts, but if you run M+ or raids, or PvP, that’s not going to matter much. Anima is also very useful for the mission table, as long as you have a horde of alts (with 10 toons, I’m making ~300k gold a month from mission tables alone, and 8 of those toons never leave the table, it’s all self-sustaining). Apart from that, nah, not really.

2 Likes

How many hours do you play per day, on average?

Im asking because, running 10 chars now, im sure its very time consuming.

1 Like

You need renown to unlock conduit upgrades for your soulbinds. You need anima to upgrade your covenant sanctum. Renown also unlocks higher gear from WQ’s, appearances, and other quests.

About 3 hours a day on average. More on days when I push keys, less when I don’t. I played more while leveling the alts, but mostly scheduled them for weekends where I had more time anyway.

But I’m not running all 10 of them. I play two characters, the others sit at the table and do missions. I log in once a week to deposit anima and send gold and other stuff I may have acquired from the table to my banker, then I send out missions every couple of hours from the phone app.

It took a bit of time to level them all, stock up on about 1k anima (500 for the table, 500 to start missions with), get 3-4 followers, but past that initial investment, they take nearly no time at all. All that took about a day / char, so I was done in a bit over a week.

Anima system have already very good explanation, since drought, energy source is move valuable then gold, additional this is a after live gold shouldn’t have any meaning there.
Imagine value of water when temp. of Earth go higher and will lack of water. Ppl would more care about water then money.

good thing is that anima is not necessary outside upgrading your armor on an alt.
if it would be, then it is AP all over again which everyone hates.

Renown mostly comes passive.
Basically it is good that past a certain point you can ignore all the annoying stuff like:
the maw
thorgast
renown
anima

basically everything that is an abomination in wow. I with I wouldn’t need to grind that trash on every alt first as well…

Renown = flying
Anima = Gear upgrades and collectables

Renown gives you character power, followers, campaign progression and other rewards that are generally “fun” to get.

Anima is useless unless you want to upgrade your sanctum to make it prettier/more convenient.

Anima mostly for cosmetic stuff and unlocking structures for conveniences and other cosmetics.

Renown unlocks Soulbinds, Rows for said Soulbinds, Mission Table Champions, Cosmetics, and Stamina % increments.

Besides hitting 34 for unlocking all the soulbinds and getting all the +2% stamina buffs there is literally 0 reason to renown.

The souls quest is the worst offender to the weekly quests, seriously, i consistently sit at around 4-5k anima on both my characters but im about to be capped on souls on both. No use for souls when you need a hundred gazillion anima to do any upgrade. I’m not touching that.

1 Like

Maybe to unlock flying in 9.1?

1 Like

I mean sure, but you don’t lose out on any power gain by not having flying.

I still thought it was funny seeing lots of top M+ and Arena streamers running around on ground mounts like 6 months ago because they just cba getting the achievement.

Night Fae, here.
I use my anima to upgrade my garden. In my garden, I grow seeds that give me crafting materials (a decent amount of them for the time spent doing that), as well as some stuff like mounts, pets, toys.

What level is your garden?
Do you only get materials?

I think it’s level 3… Next upgrade is 12500 anima, so I think it’s level 3.
As I said, I get materials, mounts, pets, toys.

You can get full info about it here: Queen’s Conservatory

Oh, and unless I am mistaken, there is something similar for all covenants.
For example, ventyr get to organize bals, if I recall correctly.

depends . only thing that matters i unlocking 2nd potency conduit slot. one its unlocked renown is meaningless. ap farm was meaningless too.

Thanks and yea after realizing it’s pointless I’ve stopped and pretty much altogether. My main is 215 ilvl and I can’t mythic raid (not that I would want to tbh) and given that I can’t get into any M+ beyond 13 that’s pretty much out of the picture now also and the only other option is PvP and those places are just nothing but stress zones filled to the brim with mindless but very determined idiots, angry ones too!

It’s like there is really no game after you gear up, it’s sad. It was like the daily anima routine and renown routine were the only things keeping me playing and since stopping those it’s as though a spell has been broken, where once stood a beautiful princess now stands an ugly haggard old witch.

1 Like