Any way to get dispensation to post links?

Hi there,

I’ve recently transferred my character back to an RP realm - I really want to write and organise RP events and have created a google form survey to collect information on things such as plotlines people want.

However, I am not at a trust level to post external links, and if I’m not mistaken I don’t believe I can ever reach trust level 3 because I was once banned from the forums and suspended in-game ( this took place around 10 years ago, give or take - the forum ban was for quoting a vulgar song - I’m sure you can appreciate my behaviour is meaningfully different now as a person in their mid-twenties :slight_smile: )

Is there any way to gain dispensation to post a specific link, e.g letting it be checked by someone first, I really don’t know? It seems like a bit of a long shot but I’m just trying to facilitate some community events and it would be really useful to be able to aggregate responses on google forms.

There are ways to post links without proper trust level. You can start it with a new line and a line gap under the text and add four spaces in front of it:

www.google.com

You can use this symbol in front of it `(the tylda ~ key):

www.google.com

You can also put this < in front of the link and this /> after it:

<www.google.com/>

3 Likes

@Deanov: In addition to the helpful advice Cedrad already gave you (Thank you, Cedrad!), very old bans do not apply, pretty much everybody got a clean slate, when the forums were swapped to the current version.

1 Like

Some people even found out that there’s a good chance that only bans from the past 100 days count. Apart from that, I know of two people here who have been suspended for a few hours but still got to post links and reach TL3.

Didn’t know that, seems like the best way to post links. Good advice!

Thank you for your replies everyone - I have not used the forums in years so am quite out of the loop :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.