Anyone else feeling slightly overwhelmed by the amount of stuff to do in Dragonflight?

Let me preface this by saying I’m a casual player these days, and a fairly new dad. So that definitely plays into it, not being able to invest as much time as I used to.

That said, as soon as I hit level 70 I felt like a million things popped up on my map for me to do. The quest log was already full more or less, and now there were all these events, crafting quests, repeats of the Dragon Riding quests, World Quests and much more to do.

I end up playing less as a result to be honest, because I feel like I’m falling way behind everyone and there’s no way I can keep up with all this stuff - even as a casual.

My big idea going into Dragonflight was to become a master Blacksmith. But how am I supposed to compete with everyone already seemingly being maxed out on Renown and doing world content all day as they wait for S1?

17 Likes

Yeah im the same I was literally begging the NPC’s to stop giving me more quests, the worst part is the wrathion and sebellion part, I keep going into sensory overload.

10 Likes

It’s at a point where I wish we had some timegating, ha. Honestly the content is all fantastic, I just wish pacing was better at the beginning. It would be just fine with me if, once the initial campaign ended, you had these new world content features on a rotating schedule every couple of days.

The trick is to ignore everyone else, to disassociate yourself from fear of missing out and the competitive drive that can be an incessant gnawing compulsion.

Very little in this game can’t be obtained at your own speed, I can’t really comment if you are intent on doing group content of any kind, as a parent myself, but of a child with complex additional needs, my days of grouping are long past.

Now myself and my husband are a duo of loose goaled adventurers.
The only rewards I tend to miss out on are AOTC, but even some of those can be obtained by support from lovely people, and items that are only obtained through time limited specific group content.

Everything else, I get by just plugging away and having fun!!!

10 Likes

Take your time. None of the things you can do are a required thing to do for raiding, dungeons or pvp. You won’t loose anything by taking a week longer then others.

Right now im just focussing on doing all the side quests. After that i’ll start doing other stuff. Maybe some pvp. Maybe gather some mounts.

19 Likes

So far, it seems very balanced to me. You get lvl 70 - you finish the campaign and the quests around it. In between you can do some arbitrary world quests along the way ( or even daily if you come across them)… in between you can log on to the rdf and pick a dungeon you’ve already been to and go one by one like that if you haven’t been to them yet and if you have the heroic version. And then you’ll just have to do the world quest once every 3 days. Next you progress to mythic 0, rdf raid… along the way you can craft or hunt rare.

Would much rather have an abundance of things to do than not enough things.

4 Likes

Not overwhelmed, more irritated cause I cant find the daily quest hubs. They not showing up on the map. I wish that would be fixed.

1 Like

It was a lot at the start but after a week not really. I think the main issue is a lot of content was badly tutorialised. I definitely think a lot of these daily quests should just be world quests too, specifically the dungeon ones.

2 Likes

True, I don’t know how crafting works until now. I absolutely don’t understand the point of it and improving skills in talent tree crafting I had to find myself by accident by clicking because I didn’t know what it was. Absolutely until now I don’t understand how the item crafting request works using the board in town.

2 Likes

Thats weird they seem to show up on mine…

Def ignore what other people are doing and just concentrate on what you want to do. You dont have to do everything in one day…just pick something to do and go from there.
Personally Id much rather try and max out all my reps at roughly the same time so I can get all the dragon colors at once so Im just randomly dipping in and out of things.

And remember you will probably have 2 yrs to get this stuff done!

2 Likes

Just relax. I am playing WoD now and not even bothering with DF until most bugs are fixed and I can waltz in and slowly savour the content.

1 Like

You are always going to ‘fall behind’ to no lifers and bots, so just accept it. Just play the game how you want to and set your own realistic goals. For me, that will be to do solo things, achievements, heroic dungeons, possibly some mythic 0 and time doing other stuff outside of wow.

1 Like

Sorry to disagree, but there can never be too many quests for me. I like to saunter to the end game, and as I don’t m+ or raid I never see the end game anyway. Still I expect everyone who wants to will get there in the end.

2 Likes

I agree it was a bit overwhelming, but nothing on your map is player power. A lot of it is probably residual side quests you didn’t need to get to 70.

With regards to professions; there were always going to be hardcore server-first players wanting to corner the market. If you aren’t one, then frankly, admit it, be honest with your expectations, and work with that. You can still become a very good blacksmith, but if you aren’t going to go hell for leather you don’t get to be the best on the server.

If you aren’t going to compete competitively, stop pretending you’re competing at all. You’ll honestly be happier for it :smile_cat:

post edited.

4 Likes

just pace yourself no one is forcing you to do everything as soon as possible

1 Like

It was at first but I have now gotten to the point where all those quests are done and there is just the weeklies and WQs twice a week to do. You’ll get there. Just take it slow and enjoy it, this is the best part of the expansion!

1 Like

OP apart from the new dad bit (I’m a single parent to an older child though) I could have written that. I’ve played an hour or two since hitting 70 and not been back since late last week. I’m overwhelmed by the experience and had to walk away. I simply don’t know where to start. When I play again this weekend (if life permits) I’ll level alt I think, DF just feels too much right now.

2 Likes

Im feeling overwhelmed too. Hit 50 in cooking. The trainer wont teach me more and i can’t gain more on the recipies I got.
Can’t lvl enginring because it require mats from other tradeskills so for that i have to lvl my alts
Havent got a clue on how work orders are supposed to work.
My weekly quest way “join a hunt” but i did and it didt complete
Trying to farm keys for wrathion but the mobs turn grey due to something i dont quite ger…too many players?
Azure span lags so much.

I really love the expansion but i wish there were more explanation for stuff