Anyone like the new jump around build?

the build is so far ahead of the other builds and its the most annoying build ever to fel rush around on bosses/fights where you have to dodge stuff and dont move to much and stack, its the most annoying unfun build ive ever played on a class.

nymue must be the worst fight ever for this?

It has a degenerate playstyle. But it is very effective.

I won’t play it, simply because I hate the idea of dashing around for no purpose other than a damage buff. I doubt many people actually play it because enjoy the play style. Moreso because they enjoy topping the meters and dwarfing the rest of us dps peasants.

If the no-mover build was on par damage wise, you would see absolutely nobody use the dashy dashy build.

Most DHs I actually see play this build. Thats weird…
Since Legion from time to time this Momentum-type-build was top dps (sim-wise) but noone played with that cause of the many disadvantages connected to it. Why now?

Yeah it deals like 2-3% more theoretical sim dps than Eye Beam based builds but there are not many bosses with a hit box huge enough to not at least loose some autohits when jumping and dashing around. There are not many bosses where you can use Fel Rush in your dps rota without risk of dying or making healers life harder at least.
This build also requires support like at Tindral in Amirdrassil. Without a Paladins Hand of Freedom you are kinda useless against these roots.
This build is basically a 4-5 sec burst dps window with a strict skill sequence every 40 secs and doing mistakes or interrupts due to mechanics in this sequence results in a huge dps loss, something Sims do not show.

In Shadowlands we had a 500%(?) damage boost on next Fel Rush for 20 secs after activating Imo Aura, that was fine. Even then it sometimes was a hard decision to either use Fel Rush for boss mechanics or for dps, now it kinda forces you to ignore boss mechanics (dash into soaks for example).

Sims are actually not optimized for other builds than Momentum anyway. Sims actually also ignore the fact that Imo Aura doesn’t trigger a GCD when being cast short after a previous Imo Aura, mostly an advantage for Beam build. In reality (raids/m+) my Beam build dps is about the same vs. equally equipped Momentum DHs, sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on random dps factors.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.