Anyone with a 4070 laptop out there?

Hi there,

I’m interested in buying a 4070 laptop (with i7 or i9) and I’m curious in the performance I would get. I want to keep the laptop for the coming years and want to keep running wow on good graphics for the upcoming time, so 4070 should suffice I think. Anyone with a 4070 laptop (or 4060) and can tell me on which settings he/she plays, what resolution, fps,etc?

Also, anyone with a 7745hx or 7945hx amd cpu?
Thanks!

Check reviews and specs of a given model. The key factor is the assigned TDP to the GPU. Some laptops even with RTX 4070 can have it at a very low TDP and it will perform below 4060 running at its average TDP.

Laptop RTX 4070 will probably line up with desktop 4060 if given the power needed and should last quite a while. For other games GPU VRAM may become limiting factor. 8GB is already too little for high / higher resolution for some games.

You could also have a laptop with an external GPU - thus easier to upgrade and having the full power of it not limited by mobile thermal and power limits.

On YouTube you can check JarrodsTech channel.

Yeah I know him. I’m thinking of a lenovo legion or asus rog strix laptop.

hi, i own ASUS rog strix with i7 and rtx 4060. Wow work verry good on this model. I play on 10 video settings with 100 fps in open world, dungeons and arenas/battlegrounds. Laptop have good cooling system, you cant even hear fans.
Sorry for my bad English.

1 Like

For a 4070 Laptop the most important thing is the cooling - even a mobile 4070 generates a tonne of heat and will thermal throttle if the cooling isn’t up to par.

I don’t have much experience of Lenovo’s gaming laptops, but Asus generally do a pretty good job when it comes to cooling.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.