AoE targetting reticle not visible

Since ~3 weeks ago I’ve noticed that the reticle for marking area of effect (like the circle for PW: Sanctify, or Effflorescence) becomes invisible in instanced content. I dismissed it then as a “temporary bug”, but S4 has begun and the issue still persits. I got some spells on @cursor, but some others I target manually, and it’s since become ridiculously difficult to do so with decent accuracy.

Reiterating: the reticle disappears only in keys / raids. I’ve tried disabling all addons, and using a completely fresh WoW install on another device, and the issue persists, making it obvious to be something client-related.

Maybe there’s some temporary fix as a workaround? Man, this is annoying :frowning:

1 Like

Check my post Lustreless. Blizzard is aware about it. I found workaround, set Multisample Techniques to None but game is going to look awfull.

Thank you so much mate! It takes a visual hit, but the good old:

/console set ResampleAlwaysSharpen 1

makes it more than acceptable. It’s a fair trade-off until it gets fixed. Thanks again <3

1 Like

Not an option for me.
CMAA and co is blurry af.
I could just supersample with the renderscale… BUT it’s broken since season 3 patch and drops the FPS hard even though the GPU load stays the same or is even lower.

I don’t see any connection with the topic. Multisample Technique is the cause why everyone can’t see reticle on the ground when casting spells. Turning it off is the only workaround right now.

Yeah but MSAA is the only acceptable AA in WoW atm.
Guess i have to deal without the target grfx then.