Application crashing on Slovak keyboard layout on macOS

Hello, I reported this bug many times in many different ways, because it’s so specific and so annoying in the same time, that I can’t even explain anymore. I am sad no one looked at it for few years now. I was using macOS to play WoW for like 3 years now and this bug is still there, even after so many crash reports, in-game reports, ticket reports, twitter @ reports, no one ever cared :frowning:

So I am trying it again. If any of blizz staff is reading this, please could you perhaps kindly report this bug to the devs?

The problem is following:

When you are on macOS (any version) and when you set your keyboard layout to Slovak and you press " ) " (ending bracket) key anywhere in the game (in login menu, char select, in-game while playing, in chat…literally anywhere, you just press it once) and the game will immediately crash without any visible reason. Nothing is assigned to the key itself, nor in macOS, nor in WoW.

The “solution” to this would be to change keyboard layout to different language, but isn’t it annoying to change keyboard layout and use totally different KB layout than you are used to? This seems like a trivial thing to fix so perhaps you finally could make me happy this once :slightly_smiling_face:

Without this being fixed I will be unable to write smiley face in chat, because the key causing this crash is in my layout the ending bracket - )

Blizzards forum staff do not collate or report bugs to the devs, unless the devs have specifically asked them to gather information relating to specific issues (and thats rare).

Bugs are reported via the bug reporting tool.

Then their bug reporting tool is useless because I reported this 200x through their own bug report system and through macOS crash report itself and after 3-4 years it still wasn’t fixed.

It is entirely possible that they simply considered the number of affected users to be too small, and therefore graded it a very low priority issue.

Or maybe they were unable to replicate it.

or

or

There are lots of reasons why a bug report doesn’t get actioned, and we will never know the reasons.