Applying Renewing Mist

I’m a bit of a mistweaver nub, but I liked the challenge. I main restoration shaman, for lonnnnggg, but sometimes I take a side step. Discipline Priest is also a spec I kinda dig. The fact that they’re removing (finally) grevious, is a pro.

Aight, that said, what I notice is, that whilst doing my melee thing as a fistweaver, do I just randomly apply Renewing Mist ? In the chaos, I don’t have time to check whether or not it’s already applied to someone. When starting a fight, I apply it to the tank and myself, after that, I notice that applying this every 9 seconds is a bit of a thing. How do you deal with this?

1 Like

In M+ Rapid Diffusion mostly takes care of it since we get so many rising sun kick resets, and I only apply it manually when there’s a burst damage about to happen.

For raids, I will only tell you if you promise not to tell anyone.
I use a macro for both Renewing mist and enveloping mist (when I repeatedly cast it during chi-ji).

/targetfriendplayer
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@target,exists,help,nodead][@player] Renewing Mist

The first line targets a random player each time you press it. I have action targeting enabled so I can keep DPSing whatever is in front of me while targeting raid members.
This obviously doesn’t check whether the buff is active on them so if a “high end” player would see this they’d be screaming at me with foaming mouth.

But it lets me focus on the fight. And that’s more important to me.

1 Like

Appreciate it, will try to put that in practise. Haven’t yet gotten around to getting used to Chi-Ji, but will do that as well.

I’m enjoying using Sheilun’s Gift, Chi-Ji is next to learn.

And I understood that you use things when you expect them, but what I notice in pugs, is that I’m mostly frustratingly finding solutions for moments where things happen when I don’t expect them :wink: .

I usually in my mind plan CDs for moments, I do that also on my shaman, but in pugs you know things tend to happen. and there are really moments that are very difficult if you don’t have a good CD ready.

Do not use RenM during Chiji Windows, thats a Healloss. 2-3 Stacks and EnvM

Thanks for the tips, I’ll try to improve this. Even though I usually main resto shaman, in Season 2 I’ll aim to go for this one. I like a good challenge, and this sure is one. Was initially thinking to go discipline priest, I quite liked this spec, I never played this before.

I also really like Sheilun’s Gift, was this the artifact thing from Legion?

yes but now we have a little modified version.

obvisouly healing in melee isnt all that easy because you lose quite a big range of view.
sometimes it is frustrating if your heals only heals the almost full hp target while another party member is dying.
i m not a pro but often i just apply rm on myself and wait for it to jump then apply it to myself again

also fistweaver feels really bad if your group is bad.

1 Like

As you already said, I highly disagree with this approach. :stuck_out_tongue: But better to press it less efficiently than not at all, which is one step into the right direction.

Have you thought about adding targetlasttarget into that macro? I’m not sure how you use it, but if you usually have an enemy target to press RSK/BoK/TP, swapping the target to friendly would require you to click the target again or use tab. One more line could make it a bit smoother.

Here an example, taken from ZP before it was fixed:

#showtooltip Zen Pulse
/cleartarget
/cast [@mouseover, exists] [] Zen Pulse
/targetlasttarget

They will fix this in 10.1, “divided equally”.

i dont think it will fix the problems, it means that 2/3 will be overhealed and the target that needs healing will get little

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.