Arachnophobia mode, why not Nyctophobia mode too? Please Blizzard

We missed old darker night in game. Since was beautiful and glows from things in outside

After blizzard edited less dark, since players fear to dark (Nyctophobia)…
Feel new night look like noon for me. Need back old night! And put nyctophobia mode.

(btw I dont play classic. Only retail)

2 Likes

Honestly not sure what people are on about with “old dark” because in classic when it’s dark I can barely tell.

I dont play on classic. I was talk about in retail.

Since how I remember old night was great where I played expansions.

Yes and classic is old retail ergo the nights are the same as they were back then and they are most definitely darker now.

1 Like

It was weird, because I definitely remember it feeling darker.

I just got an OLED monitor and nights in WoW look MUCH darker. I remember a similar effect I mentioned in here when I talked about how I set the gamma and brightness sliders, and all of a sudden the game become dramatically more colourful and, at night, dark.

I think honestly the issue might just be IPS monitors, straight up. That and Blizzard setting the default brightness a little too high. I know it sounds crazy, but I believe it to be the truth.

1 Like

Mm true it might be darker for me because I too have an OLED and it has true black. I look at any other screen and it is so washed out and blurry in comparison.

1 Like

I wish they’d give us settings to allow for nice dark nights.

4 Likes

OLED is the friggin’ GOAT. It looks so good.

1 Like

Save up for an OLED and your wish is granted :dracthyr_crylaugh:

Try setting the gamma to 0.9 and moving brightness to 49 and contrast to 51. On IPS, this made a huge difference for me, but the contrast ratio is so bad that it makes the game slightly harder to read. In this day and age that’s a trade-off from hell.

IPS is probably worst performing monitor technology we’ve ever had in terms of contrast; nobody except Apple seemed to get them right. It tends to look washed out with tons of backlight bleed and the contrast of 1000:1 (compared to 150,000:1 and infinity for QDOLED and WOLED respectively) just destroys dark scenes.

I played on a CRT back then. From NOKIA. :stuck_out_tongue:

Look at this:
Imgur

Particularly Ohnaran Plains. It is the darkest zone of them all.