Arcane mage and mythic plus

Hi guys,

Ive just finished my legendary yesterday on my arcane and decided to do a mythic. I must say I found my mage to be extremely strong, with my gear 177 ilvl I hit nearly 4k overall with second person being 1.8k. I felt that I did extremely well for my gear, I know it was only +2 but I can’t see how higher mythics are gonna be bad with better gear.
Why no one plays this spec? Playing trash seems extremely easy, I guess bosses were a bit of an uphill battle, the mana management and movement was a bit tricky at times for someone inexperienced but honestly the spec seems definitely good and quite easy for mythics and I have yet to see a single arcane mage on my main ele shammy

Because the mentality of the community is go fire or gtho.

Never let anyone tell you that you should play a spec you dislike just because its a meta spec. But if you like fire as much as you like arcane, i would suggest you go fire.
It will make your game experience MUCH better simply because you won’t get declined in groups for being an arcane or frost mage.

2 Likes

arcane/frost both are perfectly viable in m+ up until ~ level 20

Because as opposed to what most people say, it’s the hardest one to play and even if you master it, you’re still going to get ourperformed by Fire. There is pretty much nothing that either Frost or Arcane can do that Fire can’t.

Many people also don’t really like turret-style gameplay of Arcane so they pick Fire which has many instants and can even cast while moving through Scorch and level 15 talent which makes it crit enemies below 30% hp.

Fire is also propably the most busted spec in PVP right now while Frost and Arcane are pretty meh at it.

I play frost. I’ve quitted PvP a long time ago ofc, but since the burst damage of a frost mage in PvE requires almost no cast at all and its VERY powerfull with short CD’s, i really can’t see why Frost is not being used in PvP as well.

The only reason i can think of is because in PvP you must use Triune Ward Legendary otherwise you die in seconds?

I’ve been declined just once for being arcane. No problem doing 15+ mythics, Nathria or RBG.

In Arenas restoration shamans are almost impossible to win for me. The rest, it’s a beautiful and challenging gameplay. Probably not playing the best composition, discipline-arcane. I guess that a restoration druid would be a better partner.

You are a very VERY lucky Mage. I genuinely envy you.

i still dont see the issue, just be in fire spec and the switch when the key starts
always hilarious

https://i.imgur.com/ZAMRibR.png

its just too funny every time

Frost is not bad in PVP by itself but when you compare it to Fire, it seems actually kinda trash. Frost mage in PVP is more of a support spec, you apply constant pressure and CC but you lack the burst damage that Fire (and even Arcane to some extent) has. Frost doesn’t deal damage without procs and not only these procs are RNG, but spells like Ebonbolt or Ray of Frost which can generate some procs are pretty easy to interrupt making Frost unable to do any meaningful damage. Compare that to Fire which has many instant casts and can force it’s own procs AND has CC from 3 schools on top of that and you have a clear winner.

When either Arcane or Frost pops their CDs and tries bursting you, you can easily react with interrupts cause these specs need to stand still and cast. When Fire pops it’s Combustion there is nothing you can do to stop their casts as they are all instant and they can run at you if they need to while still throwing instant spells. There is just so much less counterplay to Fire.

Indeed frost is very proc dependant, but there is a Legendary that nullifies that problem. If you use freezing winds it gives you high burst damage in very short windows and most importantly, instant.

Currently pushing 19’s with arcane mage… Yet to meet my counter part on the dps table that can outperform me.

However we’re all about the damage and we have like 0% utillity for our team to help em survive so. Yeah, You want the CC but not the one from a DPS row. Lel.

Go play fire scrub. (Jk)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.