Arcane Mage Legendaries SL

Hello :slight_smile:

just took a look at the Arcane Legendaries in SL and tried to analyze them. But what the heck, are they really this bad compared to other classes or speccs?! Talking only about PvE!

1. [Disciplinary Command] (Wrist/Finger) — Casting a Frost, Fire, and Arcane spell within 10 seconds of each other increases the Critical Strike damage of all of your spells by 10%. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
    –> ‘‘relatively useless for Arcane …’’
  2. [Expanded Potential] (Waist/Feet) — Your Fireball, and Arcane Blast have a chance to give you Expanded Potential, which causes your next Hot Streak Brain Freeze, Clearcasting to not be consumed.
    –> ‘‘completely useless for Arcane …’’
  3. [Grisly Icicle] (Head/Shoulder) — Your Frost, Fire, and Arcane damage against enemies affected by Frost Nova is increased by 10% and no longer breaks it.
    –> ‘‘completely useless for Arcane …’’
  1. [Arcane Bombardment] (Back/Feet) — Arcane Barrage deals an additional 40% damage against targets below 35% Health.
    –> ‘‘An Execute for a near dead spell that we only use in conserve Phase. Better than the first 3 legys but nothing near good.’’
  1. [Arcane Harmony] (Shoulder/Hands) — Increases the damage done by Arcane Missiles by 10%. Each time Arcane Missiles hits an enemy, the damage of your next Arcane Barrage is increased by 2%. This effect stacks.
    –> ‘‘This is the only good one in my opinion and seems to be the way to go.’’
  2. [Siphon Storm] (Legs/Feet) — Evocation grants 2 Arcane Charges and, while channelling Evocation, your Intellect is increased by 2% every second. Lasts 30 seconds.
    –> ‘‘This one can be a good one when the tuning fits well.’’
  3. [Triune Ward] (Neck/Chest) — Casting any Barrier spell grants the effects of Blazing Barrier, Ice Barrier, and Prismatic Barrier. Each absorb shield has 40% effectiveness.
    –> ‘‘Totally useless …’’

So as a Arcane Mage we have 7 choices on our Legendary and only 2 of them are near good and the other 5 are just crap.
First we get our Missiles and Barrage buffed or second we get our Int buffed and 2 Arcane Charges.
Looking through this 7 legendaries there is no one that could be real fun to play or in my opinion there is no one that sounds really good.
For example Fire Specc gets the Time Warp Ring that would be good for Arcane too but we get only “Meh”-Legendaries.

Please excuse my bad english, but the german forum is dead^^
Hope you understand what I’m trying to say.

1 Like

Possibly good, but boring. Dumping the proc into AM might be fun, but overall, not my favourite looking legendary.

Completely useless??? Although kind of a bit boring, this is really useful. This is an extra stack of AM when it procs, increasing the potential of TotM burst if it lines up, but also combines well with our conduit, which has AM casts reduce the CD of AP. SL is not designed to be an expansion where AB is 80% of our damage, AM is incredibly powerful and anything which gives us more casts of it is anything but useless.

A 10% damage buff to enemies you use Frost Nova on is useless? Are you aware of how insane this can make our AoE in M+ when combined with Arcane Echo and TotM burst?

Boring legendary, good for M+, but boring.

I agree that this is a really nice looking one, especially for ST – it might be the first choice craft.

If this combines with Time Anomaly, we have ourselves an amazing rotation.

Here, I more or less agree. It’s a PvP legendary, but not bad only having one that’s genuinely useless out of the list.

Edit: Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but the Time Warp ring was an Arcane Legendary, last I checked, not a Fire legendary.

2 Likes

It’s designed for arena. Useless in m+, unless you can make 4 other people stay afk to not break your novas while you’re soloing a pack.

2 Likes

smh, I misread that one. I haven’t been given beta so haven’t had chance to test. I’m excited about the PvP potential of that one, but in general, 2 PvP legendaries across our pool is fine, especially considering how interesting some of the other ones look.

1 Like

I agree arcane ones are the most boring of the 3, they even made the timewarp ring boring with a nerf to the legion one. It doesn’t mean they won’t be powerful though, you have to look at the new talents and the conduits and how it will all come together.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.