Archaeology Fixes Are Now Live

A few minutes ago, we deployed hotfixes to address issues with Dwarven and Night Elf archaeology projects. The following projects are now available during the Cataclysm Classic Pre-patch:

Dwarf

• Silver Kris of Korl
  • Warmaul of Burningeye
  • Word of Empress Zoe
  • Pipe of Franclorn Forgewright
  • Spiked Gauntlets of Anvilrage
  • Scepter of Bronzebeard
  • The Innkeeper’s Daughter

Night Elf

• Wisp Amulet
  • Carcanet of the Hundred Magi
  • Umbra Crescent
  • Bones of Transformation
  • Silver Scroll Case

We also double-checked on the Pterrordax Hatchling and found it waiting as intended in Fossil Digsites at Archaeology skill level 525.

1 Like

What about weird lvl 85 epics drops ? Tons of people proc in the first 50 solves meanwhile other are at 1000+ and nothing ?
Have you checked if the droprate / way to proc it isn’t bugged ? If it’s bugged is there any compensation ?
Any comment on the Bad Rng Protection idea that popped on the forum lately too ?

12 Likes

^this. im close to 700 now, no epics yet

4 Likes

I wish there would be a name for this phenomenon

5% discount on the mop deluxe edition

5 Likes

This is great!

Now about that hatchling.

How come its treated so differently from the other pets/toys added in 4.1?
Both the Haunted war drums and the Voodoo figurine were added in 4.1, but we are still seeing them drop very quickly.

1 Like

1 153 total (400 trolls and 378 dwarfs) solves and no sword/staff. I don’t believe it’s just “not lucky enough” reason. We need bad luck protection ASAP

7 Likes

450 Troll Solves…Nothing. How about that?

291 Dwarf Solves…Nada. But sure lets keep adding junk so that its even more disgusting to farm your prebis.

Thanks I guess?

7 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

You have already announced that Cataclysm classic will include some changes.
It would be amazing if you can find it in your hearts the motivation to change this most inhuman design that Archaeology profession has. The year is 2024, and there is no sane reason to still be releasing these kind of designs. This profession is pure torture. Never knowing when or if the item you are looking for will ever be found. Please, at least give us some kind of bad luck protection or provide us with any kind of knowledge about how close we are to getting the item. A light at the end of the tunnel. Going over 1000+ solves and relying on a system that might even be bugged without ever finding anything useful is just mind blowing. We all know you are rushing through this expansion and that it will last for maybe a little over a year. Therefore let us have our preraid BIS without going insane. If we keep digging like this, we will end up in Deepholm before the game is released…

Thank you.

21 Likes

time for some changes;
#1 bad luck protection so this loses this R14 vibe atm everyone burning out for these items, either increase % for epic weapons+trinket on solves or have a fixed number of solves
#2 let us get pterrodax hatchling atleast so we can clear fossil so it doesn’t spawn as much

9 Likes

thanks blizzard for adding fixes for useless greys… u could fix what most people are gambling right now… but u choose to do fixes for that :slight_smile:

8 Likes

942 solves 334 of them dwarf still no staff :frowning: please bad luck protection other got it way earlier

6 Likes

Got my first Night Elf rare artifact in over 150 solves 5 solves after the patch hit. This has definitely fixed more than just the uncommons.

3 Likes

You reworked r14/PvP system for SoD and SoM servers because you knew this system was disgusting and noone had fun doing it. Why you didn’t do the same thing here is beyond my understanding

2 Likes

I kept writing about this in here and some other site. I just got lynched by “Its random dude” people.

2 Likes

I have two things to say
*Bad Luck Protection
*You’re rushing Cata to release MOP, bad luck protection

13 Likes

I agree completely, it is very unfun design with people spending tens and tens of hours getting literally anything. I also believe this is legitimately killing people enjoyment rapidly (I am basing this off my own experience with 1000 solves and 0 useful items and feedback I am getting from all Discord communities).

There are plenty of QoL changes that could be implemented into the system to make it more fun for people (which si ultimately what the game should be about).

I made a github post about #SomeChanges for Achaeology. Devs actually read these, feel free to add comment / reaction there.

18 Likes

we need Bad Luck Protection cause this is not fun at all …

10 Likes

I agree, can we perhaps get some bad luck protection on this?
It’s Classic with #somechanges right? The power behind these weapons are enormous and it feels like a forced farm with RNG that is beyond insane.

I believe this not to be the Blizzard Philosophy anymore and while i still think the bad luck protection would still need you to get a lot of solves done it does need to have a clear end.

6 Likes

We’re missing prepatch and not able to enjoy it. Some people may say “You do have a choice whether to spend all day every day farming arch” but in reality we don’t, and a huge percentage of us are not going to be able to have any fun or experience prepatch until we have our preraid bis…You’re rushing the expansion, throw us a bone and also add some sort of feature that stops lets say, Warrior DK Paladin mains getting Staffs…Or Mage Lock Priest mains getting Swords and Shields…95% of all epics ive seen drop or heard of dropping are not even appropriate for the classes people main

6 Likes