Archaeology?

This topic has probably already been covered in the forums, I just can’t find any threads about it, so I decided to make my own.
Being an archaeologist in real life, one of the aspects I loved about WoW was having Archeology as a profession, making it possible to find more lore and some different items in the game (apart from the part where we sometimes found parts of dinosaurs and that corresponds to Paleontology and not Archeology). I was saddened to learn that this expansion (DF) didn’t have archeology, but moving forward I started to realize that maybe it could come back in a more fun way. I’ve been making stuff for the Dragonscale Camp expedition, which makes me think that maybe the rework that’s going to be done on Archeology is going to be somewhat related to it. Will there be expeditions in which the whole community must contribute in order to reach goals/objectives, thus unlocking certain prizes or purchasable things?
(For those who played FFXIV, do you think there might be an Ishgard Restoration/Doma Restoration type system or something?)
I would like to know your opinions

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.