Archeage change to mirror wow?

I randomly watched this vid, and it reminded me of many complaints about recent wow people have, especially about encouraging mau increase by time-gating content via daily grinds it hurts to fall back from. Is it possible that MMORPG makers have studied that this system is working for wow despite player discomfort, and are hoping to copy wow’s success? I would be very interested in your thoughts, thank you for reading and stay safe and well. :upside_down_face:
ed - spg

Grind wasn’t developed by Blizzard. In fact WoW isn’t the most grindy game in existence. Crazy, I know.

Archeage has a RNG upgrading system where you can increase the odds by swiping. I dont recall why the ‘buy to play’ version has to make money, apart from the paid DLC.

I rather enjoyed ‘potato farming’ and did my own trade runs in safe zones. PvP I dont like.

Grind seems to come and go in games. They all like to shake it up.

There is a proportion that is always complaining about being gated and another portion that complains about being worn out having to do endless tasks for some in game resource/currency.

I agree that changing the way the games’ audiences are measured in MAUs now instead of sub numbers does lend itself to their make you play metrics.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.