Archeology : add a bad RNG protection please

Hello blizzard,

A lot of theories are flying through the forum about archeology, a lot of people finding lvl 85 epic items in less than 50 solves when others are at 400+ and still not a single epics. Bugs, Rng, no one can really tell what is going on but for sure this is not a fun experience that you offer to us right now.

The same way you did with Wotlk and alpha beta gamma dungeon, you should just add a new currency that go 1 artefact solved = 1 currency earned. Add a new vendor and just sell epics items at high price like 1000 coins for a 85 epic item.

Why would it be sane ?

• First of all cataclysm classic will be rushed compared to original one, meaning that we will have less time playing with rng solving 3000 artifacts.
  • Second point, back in the day archeology was not available at pre patch. And that’s a huge point because at the moment you are offering to some people an insane pre raid bis on 40 gamble, and you make other players starving with 400+ solves and nothing in the pocket.

I don’t want everyone to have their epics for free it’s not the point here. That’s why i suggest high prices on new currency like 1000 coins for 1 item. But at a certain point, if you’ve grinded 1000 artifacts in 2-3 weeks, no matter RNG or not, you deserve to get your pre raid bis.

Rng would still be important since you would still be able to proc your epics in like 30 solves and save yourself from 50 hours of archeo grinding. But in the worst case, if you decide to give your next 3 weeks to archeo, you will get rewarded.

18 Likes

its not a bad idea but archaeology wouldnt be half as bad without the bugs. As we complete factions, they reduce by half making the rest more prominent. Since this is bugged at the minute and you cant complete certain races, they need to fix their buggy af game. We are now a week in and one of the main things that affects everyone, archaeology, that everyone is doing rn, is bugged to hell but atleast we can transmog pitchforks

2 Likes

thanks for the pitchfork blizzard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah there need some kind of bad luck protection with the current state of the game

2 Likes

I agree that bugs might destroy the archeo experience right now. But to me, if blizzard come and say like

“Ok we kinda failed archeo, but a lot of you has pushed really hard, we are not able to fix archeo right now but we will add a new vendor to farm your lvl 85 epics”

That would be a really good way to, in a first time find a solution, and in a second time gain the community trust by simply listening and caring about them.

3 Likes

I fully support this.

only if my 90 hours of archaeology this week serve as something… i dont want to spen time in this profession anymore… i have done 340+ troll solves on my warrior and actually leveled it on my mage just to be more efficient and actually got another 74 troll solves in it… idk feels depressing system. got more than 1000 global solves rn.

3 Likes

its hilarious they want to rush whole cata xpac but they wont speed up or do anything about archaeology

8 Likes

i have seen u got even less luck than me, at least i got some 85 epics(that i dont want) but i feel ur pain inside me… u should now feel like u are bugged or u m8 be disgraced… at this time today im close to 1100 global solves and yet sword or staff to be seen… i would love to encourage myself to keep up with this rng… and keep you up too… but this is starting to be a pain… thats it for today… tomorrow i will just level a character ive got in mind to try and disconnect from this archaeology a bit… Zin’roth, Destroyer of Hopes

2 Likes

Same here brother, 1 153 total (400 trolls and 378 dwarfs) solves and no sword/staff

3 Likes

:frowning: thank god we got those greys hotfixed

https://github.com/JamminL/cata-classic-bugs/issues/1189 was raised for devs, feel free to add comment/react there

I agree, can we perhaps get some bad luck protection on this?
It’s Classic with #somechanges right? The power behind these weapons are enormous and it feels like a forced farm with RNG that is beyond insane.

I believe this not to be the Blizzard Philosophy anymore and while i still think the bad luck protection would still need you to get a lot of solves done it does need to have a clear end

1 Like

I think theres just a bug. The drop chances arent low enough to need bad rng protection.
If theres a 0.5% chance of your item dropping (which I think is lower than the actual chance), youve got a 87% chance of getting it after 400 solves. With a 1% drop chance its 98%.

3 Likes

Something needs to be done tbh. It’s not fair some lucky players are going into the first cata tier with bis items and others aren’t based on a mystery system of luck.

4 Likes

No thats not how it works. You always have 1% chance to get it, always.
The probability that you get it after 465 solves is 99%. That does not mean that theres a 99% chance that you’ll get it. It’s still always 1%.

It’s like farming Zulian tiger. Some people did it over 200 times without a tiger.

That is life. Archaeology has always been an rng system.
Lots of people back in the day never got Zinrok even through the whole expansion.

It’s just todays tryhard mentality that demands to have every prebis NOW.
I think a small bump in % chance to get it would be enough.

Its exactly how it works.
The chance you get it each time doesn’t change, but the chance that you would have gotten it increases every time you solve an artifact. The drop chance on Zulian tiger is well below even 0.1%. A zulian tiger is more than ten times rarer than any of the archaelogy epics.

The only change we REALLY needed. lmao

I just cant get over the fact that most people i know that have it have got it between 40-90 solves and barely know of anyone that got it from 120+ solves even though it is rare.

That streamer is the only one ive seen get it with a high amount of solves

You can’t tell me that the RNG in those 40-90 is the same as those in the 400 solves when they have done 5x as many tries