Archeology isnt just RNG, it is just bugged

I asked 30 people when the got their 85 epics on. 90% got in their first 30 ish solves. 10% in their 60s. But not a single guy got it after their 100th solve.
My assumption is that we have a chance get epic or rares when we get a 2nd common. We only get a second common when we already collected all the commons at least once. But since some commons are bugged and never drop, we end up never seeing rare or epics post 50 60 solves. Until blizzard fixes all commons to drop, we wont see a single rare or epic past 2x+ common drops. Past about 100 solves you get only common drops or same stuff 10x+ times with not single rare in sight.

2 Likes

I will just bring my experience :

I know around 10 people who has procced rare (elf trinket / troll sword / Dwarf staff / Shield)
All of them were at 40-80 solves **in the race. **

On the other side i know a lot of people (way more than 10) that are pushing really hard, including myself. We are all between 500 et 700 solves (i’m at 743 atm : 276 troll / 245 dwarf) and no one of them as procced.

At first i was telling myself that it was just Rng Based but if a lot of people are experementing the same thing then yes, this is buggued somehow.

The only point that i can’t explain and kinda counter this theory is that all communs are available in troll race and we dont have more sword proc than other epics.

In addition, if you check community check discord such as Warrior discord, you will find some swords dropped at 150-200-400 troll solves so… I don’t really know maybe it’s just really rare and we are driving crazy :smiley:

Let me prove my point: I predict that you have 0x Silver Scroll Case, 0x Umra Crescent and 0x Carcanet on Night elf no matter how many solves you got.

1 Like

I don’t have those you mentioned yea. I have the same issue on Dwarf and got all commons on Troll and Fossil. No 85 weapon yet.

It’s not proving anything since i haven’t proc any 85 epic.

if you want a proof you have to find someone with like elf trinket + one of those 3 commons. The simple fact that no one looting those communs is just a proof that they are not lootable atm (bug or 450 arch cap)

a streamer just got a staff with 900 total and 250 dwarf solves, soo… your whole post is wrong and useless and coping

Totally RNG

You are playing the lottery basically, think of it that way

1 Like

Ok I have cracked it, took a little experimenting and number crunching but this is the best way to find epics that I have found so far:

If you hop on one foot three times and sing kumbaya my lord while wearing only your socks before you start digging you have a better chance of finding epics

2 Likes

lots of coping going around, diggers are starting to loose it

May possibly be unrelated, but:
Macros that return the number of times a specific artifact has been solved will return zero for your currently active artifact. This by itself is a bug, and I assume it was not present originally in cata. In addition, if you solve the artifact and then get the exact same one again, the solved count will begin registering correctly again, until you solve and get a different artifact, at which point it will go back to zero. I think this broken count tracking might be having unintended effects.

Hard to keep it together when this alpha test is literally filled to the brim with bugs, who knows what else is bugged that we have no idea about or can’t see? Spaghetti codes stretches very far.

1 Like

Maybe the Dwarf hasnt this bug but Night Elf section has 5 common artifacts that have never dropped for anyone ever.

You people calling blues common and purples rares is killing me.

Is it against rules to write the name of the streamer?

I got my Night Elf 85 Healing Trinket on the 130th NE solve. Guildie got his Staff on the 174th Dwarf solve. Another guildie got his Sword after 318 Troll solves.

It does seem that some commons and rares require 525 skill level, but the 85 epics aren’t among those.

Thanks for the info mate

Good point on the 525. Might just be that we need that for some of the items.
Originally Archaeology wasn’t in prepatch afaik.

No there are actually commons (Grey vendor items) that aren’t able to be obtained and the epics are listed as rare solves in the Archaeology tab

Made me lmao irl……

I have solid proof that NE archeology is bugged. Silver Scroll Case, Umbra Crescent, and Carcanet are unobtainable post-6 May hotfix. People pre-May 6 hotfix were able to obtain these. This may be the thing that negatively affects our chances post-100 solves.