Archeology tab wiped

Hi,

i renewed my wow subscription after a few year break and decided to give archeology another go to finally get the Zin’rokh sword.

However all my solves are completely wiped, showing zero everywhere [except for those i did this week]. Basically i have full toybox of archeology stuff, two characters with 700 skill and yet officially they have no solves at all…

I contacted gm and was told there is nothing he can do. Also found a forum thread with similar issue back in 2014 – no help either.

Does anyone have the same issue? And is there really nothing that can be done? Since im obviously not making it up and all im really asking is to not get duplicates of rares that i ve already completed.

I believe the 2014 Archeology wipe bug back then was resolved as best as possible, but certain data was completely lost after awhile. A care package was offered to players that were unable to get their progress restored despite the developers and GM’s on the case.

Unfortunately, this has been years ago and the window for the care package has also been expired by now. There’s truly nothing anyone can do anymore if you were amongst the affected from the 2014 Archeology bug.

They gave nothing. No care package, nothing. They wiped everything and I got a sorry we can do nothing for you. Also had over 600+ solve

So do not give them any credit and say that they resolved this as best they could cause they most certainly did not.

As I stated in my post above, the care package compensation was offered years ago and is no longer given. Logs are not kept for years, and this bug happened in 2014.

Edit: Necro’d the Tol’Vir’s from 2 years back.

Yes and this happened to me in 2014 and I contacted them back then. My answer stands.

Dutchpallie my main to be more precise

You mark this as solved, but your answer is just incorrect. They did not give a care package back then. If somone did receive something they got lucky cause they got a GM who took a different stance. The official treatment was to say sorry that this happened, we are and will be looking into it, but at this point you will get no compensation.

MVP’s cannot mark topics as solved, only the topic starter or Blizzardians can.

Why is this even being brought up again?
It was 7 years ago.
Any resolution is no longer possible.

As Elsa would say… Let it gooooo, Let it gooooo

1 Like

Why? Because I just ran into it. Because yes I am still working on tol’vir solves and was looking for an efficient way.

Saw this answer and I know for a fact the GM’s did not compensate. So saying they did is just wrong and giving them credit they so do not deserve. I have left it behind it since well I still play wow and still do Archeology. However I do feel it is not correct giving the wrong information.

Do you realise how big your character file would be if they kept everything you ever did? It would be huge and with well over 2 billion characters (my estimate) created in the games lifetime, that’s a lot of server space.

Please do not necro very old threads. The MVP responses are correct that this can no longer be honored or investigated as we no longer have logs for activity in 2014.