Are Gathering Professions still worth together with a crafter?

Hello everyone.
I am asking today if you are still think that it is worth it to have a gathering profession as your second fitting to your crafting one?
Because I may be to classic for this one but I am really confussed about how it is now.
Before I whas used to that it is normal to have a gathering profession like mining together to a recource one like Blacksmithing so you can get yourselves the recources and use them for products and what you created you either use for yourself or sell it.
Meanwhile the Minmaxer or the rich players that could afford could take instead a second production profession like for example enchanting and either buy over Actionhouse or farm via a second special collection character so on their main there are the boni from two crafting professions.
Meanwhile now the reality seems to changed 180°.
When I try to some the gist of the impression of this new system I get the feeling that it is no longer normal, no even considered stupid, to farm for yourself the recources and instead demanding from the buyer to bring them with them.
Is this now really the new reality that whas introduced with the new system or are bots became so rampart normal that it is only for those that consider it fun to be worth doing it or is this just some new loud and entitled minority on the forums?
Because honestly I feel now just like a vampire who rises from torpor and does not understand the world anymore.

It kind of depends on your goal and playstyle.

From a goldmaking/efficiency perspective:
Having a dedicated gathering char (herbalism and mining) is more efficient if you want to do gather sessions, because you can take every node you come across.
Having two crafting professions on a character has less benefits. If you like to offer your services for work orders you don’t have to relog onto another character. You can keep your crafting materials on a singler (or fewer) characters.

If you like to focus on a main character and want to be selfsufficient (and/or avoid the aution house) it is fine to pair it up. You can still make some gold and depending on your liking it might also be more immersive.

With workorders and quality it is advised to bring the material as customer.
The upside for the crafter is, they know at first glance what they get for their previous time investment (the fullfillment is not a big deal, but to max out your professions is/was quite timeconsuming and in some cases recipes are quite expensive).
The upside for the customer, if it is armor or material they can select the quality of the materials. With upgrading previous material choice matters. When you spent the best quality materials on the initial craft your future upgrades are a lot easier.
If people fork over enough money, a craft without materials should be no problem, but in most (public) cases, people want their craft below material cost and that’s … not interesting for crafters. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.