Are left handed favored in the game?

Moving the char is the easier part.
Being fast on hitting keys/macros/whatever is the hardest.
With mouses being in the vast majority right handed,
we right handed have to do the easier part, with our more capable hand, and use the less capable hand, in what requires more skill.

I’ve been thinking of trying a left-hand mouse, while I’m right handed for the reason I mentioned before.

What do you think about this?

I’m right handed. I write with my right but use the keyboard with my left mostly. majority of it with my left. I have a razor naga in my right hand which allows me to use hot-bar inputs with my main hand, overall I use both equally to their own right since most of my bars involve using Shift or ctrl not even mentioning moving!

I’ve never played a computer game that didnt use left hand for keyboard and right hand for mouse, it would be weird and confusing if i tried to switch to be honest

1 Like

Normally and in other games yes, I agree with you.
But WoW is too demanding on keyboard thingies.

Try using keybindings with control and shift, which you can press with your pinky while still being able to use your thumb to jump and your remaining 3 fingers to move and press numbers, that will help and for most classes is more than enough, a mouse with buttons would help if you’re willing to spend some money

1 Like

i have alt bindings, I find that easier

OFC i have a mouse with 3 extra buttons, they’re not expensive hehe

I bind ctrl and alt to my mouse. Makes them really easy to use on any key

I use my thumb and little finger for those.

Rather than buying a new mouse just switch L and R buttons via control panel and see how you get on. I’m left handed but use a mouse right handed. My other half is right handed but uses it with her left. #proudtobeakeyboardturner :stuck_out_tongue:

Mouse on a pc is for coordination, movement and depends on precision. Thats why left handed people use mouse on the left side and a mouse made for leftys.
The keyboard (left hand for right handed) is for soft correction but most work goes from the mouse.

You could say that the mouse is your head while the keyboard is your body.

I am left-handed and I am pretty good at using both hands, I can write with my right hand and I’ve been always using my right hand for gaming.
That being said, when I try to use the mouse with my left hand sometimes, it feels like I am touching a mouse for the first time. I will need months of practice till I get the coordination I have with my weaker hand, so I think, most likely you will never be able to play well with your left hand.

Regarding WoW,
on my rogue I am turning with my mouse buttons because the only situation I let go of the right mouse button is if I want to distract. So basically, when I enter combat mode, I press the right key and almost never let go of it. I click the left button when I want to move and I use my thumb to press the two mouse buttons. The upper one is turn left, the lower one is turn right. If you have the right button pressed the turn function works as strafe.

Then I have my stronger hand, my left hand on the entire keyboard. I have only W for walking forward, which I use very rarely, and all other buttons are free for abilities.

For me this is the best way to utilize that I am left-handed. Since movement is easy, I am doing it entirely with my right hand and my left hand is for button smashing.

This does not work for healers though as you need to be clicking on the screen a lot. For healers I use normal binds but if you have a mouse with two buttons you might want to give my binds a try :slight_smile:

I have a mate he used to play durid and was quirte the healer in arenas. I remember he used to use the cursors arrows with his left hand and us abilities with his right.
Now i tried this and it was akin to attempting to write with my left hand, as I am a natural right.
Maybe try that.

Left-handed here. Stick to the standards, it’s much easier.

• Keyboard WASD with the left hand
  • Mouse in the right hand

It’s the norm and isn’t as hard as how to learn to write with your second hand.

I’m a born left-handed but wasn’t allowed at school to write left so they turned my writing right-handed. I can however do most things with both hands so the setup isn’t a problem for me.

My daughter played wow, is a born left-handed and stayed that way but i taught her to use the mouse with her right hand cause in offices i have never ever seen a left-handed setup and other office stuff such as scissors, it has never been a problem for her either. She once told me she’s happy that i taught her the right handed mousing btw.

I am very much sure that vas majority of top players use MMO mouse with keybinds on it so your argument is very very invalid and you are free to buy such mouse as well. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.