Are professions going to be worth it

I don’t mean to sound negative, but I don’t see what the point of professions will be moving forward.
With the warband system you’ll not need to craft as much to send to alts to gear them up. Looking at DF professions most items I could craft were BoP so I couldn’t sell anything.
Granted I was late to DF but it took almost all my time in this expansion JUST to get one profession maxed out. That doesn’t include all the talent trees.

I’m just not sure what anyone would need professions for other than crafting to sell to vendor. I’ve also noticed a distinct lack of sales on the AH too in items looted from questing and raids etc.

Wondered what everyone else’s thoughts are on the future of professions and what your plans are in TWW?

It ought to be easier to create low quality stuff, a tailor that can make a shirt can easily make a functional pair of pants without any problems, but making a top tier pair might need some specializing.
Let us easily make a 1 star garment, but to make a 5 star requires more knowledge points spent.

I just hope there will be an okay way to atleast catch up a little bit if you miss some of the weekly crafting/gathering quests.

Im going in super hard on profs, my entire warband will have maxed out profs as soon as possible.

I heavily underestimated how big the prof changes were going to be in DF so i was caught very much offguard on launch doing trial and error with KP points really made me fall behind. This time though im familiar with the prof system and have also played the TWW beta which wasnt that much new stuff to learn but still kind of helpful.

Crafting gear atleast in DF was i think 3 item levels less than mythic raid gear, its not really considered as quick and easy catchup gear, instead its a piece that you will prob wear for the entire expansion and upgrade every new tier. Many want these and are willing to pay for it, i estimate ive made over 5 million from doing work orders for crafted gear.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.