Are there Roleplay communities that aren’t tied to guilds and use the community tab instead?

I’d tried to find a roleplay guild, but even though I have over 20 years of experience, my guild finder applications got rejected. I ended up joining a non-role playing guild after a funny situation outside of Orgrimmar and have gotten rather attached considering I’m an officer.

However, I still love Roleplay and would love to be involved, but I haven’t seen any community groups inviting or seen Roleplay out in the world my character would get involved in, so I end up observing more than participating when I see it out in the world because I don’t want to interrupt.

Does such a thing exist?

4 Likes

I believe most people use Discord servers to network for roleplay, but there should be a few in-game communities out there! I’m aware one existed for the Dalaran community, at least. Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction?

3 Likes

There are plenty of roleplay out in the world, but it is to get to know where, and who, what kind of group you are seeking.

There are many roleplay Discord communities, as the in-game community tool is rather limited in utility.

Hey, you can always check out the website. Argent archives. But there is also an argent dawn discord server. There are many social rp hubs like Dalaran community, elven community, gilneas. And the list goes on! But I recommend you check argent archives first

1 Like

Hiii

I don’t know if this is for you but our community is highly non-guild oriented and is also used for orchestrating RP whenever anyone is doing anything or up for anything.
It mainly hosts cross-faction travel RP themed around a caravan that needs goods delivered or even arbitrary adventures here and there.

Currently there’s an RP group for Khaz Algar for the foreseeable next few weeks/months if that sounds interesting! Structurally it’s set up in a way that there’s goals and people can do what they like - they can work towards them, against them, or completely go another way! It sounds chaotic at first impression, but it’s all in good faith.

The RP is themed around several things - market, travel, camp, dungeon/delve/spelunk, gather/hunt, shop with room for little apocalyptic misadventures once in a fortnight! (we even performed an impromptu play about the Fall of Goria once)

If that sounds like something you’d like to get involved in, here’s a link - two, in fact!

2 Likes

Thank you soooo much this is exactly what I was looking for!!