Are they killing playing multiple specs?

the current aswear is: Yes they do

Destructible conduits are such a bad idea. A much better idea is to have soulbind builds be saved to your spec/gear loadout and be able to swap them dynamically.

1 Like

Budgetlands.

YOU ARE PLAYING YOUR CLASS NERF ON YOU. Becaue lil Noi can only play elemental.

#Budgetlands.

Raging if they are

Azerite reforgingg out me right off playing multiple specs in BFA

Was looking forward to being able to switch whenever I felt like it between shadow and holy depending on what I was doing

3 Likes

I really don’t get why they keep doing this. First came the azerite reforging with the “we want to reward people who are loyal to their spec” BS, then they did a 180 on Shadowlands reveal and went on for months about how much they want to bring class identity back, which I actually like, but then they do another 180 and pull out covenants, soublinds and conduits, which are extremely spec focused, but they want you to pick something that just magically works for all 2-4 specs which mostly aren’t even the same role.

Blizzard, if you want to desing systems with class identity over spec identity in mind, you gotta work on the classes first. Slapping in some old baseline spells and calling it a day doesn’t do that.

6 Likes

Well, it isn’t any better from BFA so we didn’t lose anything nor did we gain anything. The expac is a combination of legions and BFAs worst parts at this point tbh. I don’t know how they are going to dig the game out of the grave they made for it, if this is the best they can do.

What i don’t get is they saw the relative success of the essence system. Why not just make conduits like essences and have them as a library?

3 Likes

Imo they already killed playing multiple specs. They went through all the trouble making spec changing an instant thing and armor to adjust to your spec. Then added azerite armor which you have to pay for to respecc…

… well this all went back to Legion and AP grinds and legendaries…

1 Like

I mean I was thinking on going Shaman so I could heal or fart lightning from my butt. … Well thats not an option anymore

I mean I was thinking on going Druid so I could heal, sniff flowers, spam moonbeams or tank … well thats not an option anymore.

I mean I was thinkin on going Warrior so I could Swing swords or be a meatshield … well thats not an option anymore

I mean I was thinkin on going Demonhunter so I could look awsome while doing damage or tanking … well thats not an option anymore, with azurite traits gone it wasnt an option

I mean … only thing remaining

I mean I was gonna be BM Hunter from the start, yeah that was the idea all along.

3 Likes

Multiple roles are fine as you’ll just use another soulbind or path in your current soulbind, thus using different conduits without loosing the others

Having multiple specs of the same role may be an issue tho and it’ll depend on your spec soulbinds.

Unless you’re a rogue, hunter, mage or warlock you should be fine playing multiple specs

No they aren’t but people will say it to justify being mad at stuff.

Even if there were massive, outrageously gigantic discrepancies between covenants for specs it would still be 10x more viable to swap specs in shadowlands than in legion or BFA.

In legion you literally couldn’t do normal mythics with an off spec until a year into the game unless you gimped your main spec. In BFA you had choices on armor that were literally completely useless for alternate specs.

Not to mention that raid and M+ azerite traits weren’t even in the beta until the pre-patch so there was no way they have could balanced them even if they wanted to.

It’s gonna be fine :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure most people just pick one spec and stick with it, that is why we get annoyed when another spec overperforms too much, because it is often the unfun spec: anything other than your spec.

But how is this fine?
Why should my Frost spec be weaker than Arcane for no reason at all?

Why are people fine with their offspecs being less powerful? That is not fine, it has never been the case in the history of the game, or any other rpg.

They are not even offspecs, their whole expansion philosophy is “Mage is a Mage”

This stupid trend started in Legion and it just keeps getting worse.

1 Like

In theory one soulbind NPC will be DPS oriented, the other one tanking and the third one healing/utility. In practice it likely won’t like up that well if you will have good build for each spec not to mention melee vs DPS casters or a healer with raid and M+ different conduit needs.

First came the rumous, I didn’t speak out

Then came the α, I didn’t speak out.

Then came the β , I didn’t speak out.

Then came the ptr, I didn’t speak out.

Then came a 60€ expansion, I bought it and didn’t speak out.

Those who did “speak out” were banned and censored.

It’s time for the blizz shills to stop defending the undefendable. And for the current leadership to accept its bad design is a mistake and fix it asap.
This happens by either two ways: replacement or intervention from higher ups (stock holders) to force the current lead dev to get on with making wow GREAT. not just “barely good”

4 Likes

That means more timegating, so no.

I think Anna meant no time gating

At highest possible arena rank and mythic world first race yes.

At everything else no you can absolutely play multiple specs. A spec isnt dead because its 1٪ less optimal than it could be

As ridiculous as it might be, 1% is enough for many…

I do not think that I will be personally affected if it is just 1% but people who do not have a guild like mine who is fine if you are just properly enchanted and gemed could be in for a bad time.