Are we getting trolled?

Soo blizzard realises the problems with titanforging in relation to rng and progression .Then decides to replace it with a system that has more rng and also has the titanforging with negatives?Are you seriously listening your community blizzard?

You said that this is just the thematic of the expansion but ffs you can do a lot better than this.Bellulargaming came up with systems that sounds better than this. WAKE UP

6 Likes

At this point i dont care I am just waiting for the next expansion anyway.

12 Likes

I was really hyped with bfa only to give up 3 months after launch to give it a try and accually enjoying essences and 8.2 but thats it. 8.3 In ptr thematically seems great but the systems.They just create more problems than they solve.

4 Likes

Same. Pre-patch made me feel very nervous about how BFA was going anyway with the disastrous handling of the story.
At this point the RNG is just too cruel to enjoy it.
Hope Blizzcon will reveal some good news about gear aquizition i guess.

3 Likes

While I agree with your post and sentiment, I just found this bit funny.
Because if you think about it; it IS thematic for BfA: It’s pretty crap. :sweat_smile:

Seems to me it’s just an end-of-expansion experiment. They’re going to get loads of data from this and some of it might even be useful for the future. Seems pretty interesting to me, I might end up hating it but I don’t know till I try.

Also why do people keep using the whole “listen to your community” argument asif it’s something written in stone… What community? The ones that did like TF? The ones that don’t? The ones that don’t really care either way? The ones that want something completely different?

Or just the ones that shout the loudest?

7 Likes

I wish they’d just listen that this corrupted gear is a terrible ideia and admit that it is better to scrap it and just keep Titanforging to at least until 9.0.

Edit: Of course not everyone is going to have the same opinion. But to me it seems most people are sick and tired of RNG gear system and this is just making it worse.

Pretty much…

1 Like

Have you tried the system on the PTR? It works pretty well I’d say.

We are not getting trolled, more like we are getting @n@ly penetrated without lube.

I am curious. What can possibly be better than corrupted raid only titanforging?
Cause I just cant think of anything… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Mmm… Kinky

I dont think the realisation was about RNG. I think they love RNG too much to give it up, to be honest - keeps the game stretched out longer for less effort!

What they did realise was that progression was no longer impactful or really worth it when either you went into the new raid only to scrap everything you see.

If they are adamant about leaving the tf system in, I’d prefer random buffs with the downsides that can be cleared, over just getting a better item for no reason. No extra ilvls is a step forward, corruption resistance is a step back.
Give more control over the system, with something akin to reforging, with clearing items rewarding the currency that could be spent on adding or rerolling corruption buffs. And please no corruption tiers. Having to deal with slows for basically any level of corruption is just cruel.

1 Like

My take is that they did so that competitive players can spend more time doing the same content trying to finally get that “ right one “.

Same with benthic, you kept farming pearls until you got x gear with y correct buff and gem slot.

This 100000 times

Nah, just me, I gots the best ideas™

This I don’t doubt, Goblin players are vastly underrated.

2 Likes

I don’t think the new system will be as RNG-heavy as titanforging was/is. They’ve already said that the corruption values will be fixed, so there is no RNG on how much corruption your piece will get. On top of that, since you can cleanse corruption and it doesn’t matter what piece of gear you get a certain bonus on, there are actually not that many rng mechanics left.