Are you nervous about WOTLK?

Agreed, I wasn’t clear, I meant hard mode 25 man ICC gets buffed and not nurfed. Just x25 hard mode ICC … Rest can stay same … But please no nurfs …

You do realise it was the playerbase who begged for auto LFD? Blizzard just gave the players what they begged for.

Most people were fed up after 5 years typing ‘LF tank’ in trade and auto-queue meant they could go about their business while a group formed in background.

1 Like

Classic WotLK sounds good, but i really hope it ends there.

Every feature that players hate was asked for by players.

Even those dreaded Garrison’s from WoD; people had been asking for player owned houses for years.

ICC and other raids were fine as they were in their respective modes. Well, except Naxx, most fights there were notoriously undertuned, but I wouldn’t expect any changes there either.

I hear there are WotLK pservers with overtuned content, you may want to check those.

1 Like

Make that “right from the start”.
Even at the time, even being from a pretty casual guild, it was already the case.

1 Like

Agree. I had really high hopes for Classic. It started good. But not only have Blizzard changed. Players have changed too. The game is not played the same way as before. Everytning is min-max now. I really apprechiate that I was allowed to experience the game in the “good old days”. 2005-2008 was the best wow years for me. Original vanilla was just pure magic.

race change belongs in wotlk tho… it’s not something new that they add so it’s completely ok compared to boosts or store toys.

What belongs or does not does not matter, you are gonna get the whole package. Or rather we will.

That is really not true, LFR was not asked for but implemented by Blizzard anyway in an attempt to get more ppl into raids, to which they did send out a newsflash at that time, if you read between the lines they had a problem with spending a lot of time making dungeons, which then so little ppl got to see.

Dual spec was asked for a long time and added, which is fine I guess, reducing the respec costs would have been fine for me too at that time, but lets say that was a requested, and still cheered at change.

Never played WoD, but I guess asking for housing is one thing, getting it another thing, but then how it is implemented matters a lot. They did it, did a bad job at it from what I’ve heard, and then no one liked it.

1 Like

I’ve spent a lot of time on these forums over the past decade. Some players did indeed suggest an automated dungeon finder for raid pugs.

Garrison’s turned out exactly as they were meant to, minus a few cosmetic cuts. I don’t know what dream people had for houses, whether they expected them to not be instanced; anybody who believed that was possible was an idiot; to be frank.

The reason garrisons were hated is because the entire expansion revolved around them. Every patch was “lol go to garrison and do some automated nonsense”, essentially half of the game was facebook minigames.

The actual Garrisons themselves weren’t a problem.

They already ruined tbc for some parts. Im dead sure, they find ways to make wotlk even worse than tbc classic.
Im not talking about the game itself, its about what they make out of this great game

They cant fix server population by enable free transfers from “mid” pop servers, they cant ban bots and did bad changes for PvP arena in the game (add ratingrequirement in s1+s2, teams start at 0, less arenapoints because average rating is way lower, honorgrind is terrible). It is obvious they have no clue.

Even we play tbc, you feel it is not same company anymore. The communication, the changes and the speed how the devs react to the players is for the most part aweful. I cant imagine that wotlk will be played much. May im wrong but its just my opinion.

1 Like

No I’m not particularly worried, any attempt the company had been making to show it had changed back when Brack originally announced Classic has long since evaporated. ActBlizz are a souless corporate entity staffed by far too many people that spend more time politicking on twitter about petty non issues than actually developing the game. They’re a company where the lower level staff sleep in the parking lot, are paid in honour points, have been hijacked by Californian twitter ideologues and at their upper echelons you have “people” like Bobby Kotick running the show.

The company has long since died out, not just old Blizzard but the modern Blizzard often mocked for gross incompetence died a long, long, long time ago. I fully expect WOTLK to be a complete mess with WoW tokens, sharding, cross realm and bots galore because at the end of the day the companies perogative isn’t an engaging or authentic experience it’s to milk us for as much money as they can get away with for the minimum amount of effort required. While there are some good hearted people left working at Blizzard that want to give us a good experience they’re a minority. Personally I would be more concerned about the people who are invested in the idea of WOTLK with the state this company is in.

They’re an abusive company steeped in american corporate culture that can’t keep their promises and can not be trusted in any real capacity outside of their desire to make money at the expense everything else, they see you as nothing more than a walking wallet to be exploited. Nothing more or less. Personally I’m only here for my guild, I have to wonder why anyone else would want to subject themselves to more of this in the future? There are far better, more meaningful ways, to invest your time. Even the devs don’t waste their time playing their own game infact they’re often tweeting about other MMORPGs. Let that sink in.

None of this is said hatefully just out of sadness to see things become what they have. What could have been?

1 Like

So basicly what you qant is bad players that dont know how to gear you character or set up a raid with good class comp? Nice one!

I loved classix and love tbc. I guess its hard for your vrain to cope, but not everyone hates every single step blizzard do. And yes, I domt care about store miunts or lever boost. I bought them but didnt use the boost on a character I play so you could say I wasted it.

It’s gonna be terrible, People complain about raid logging in vanilla and TBC will be stunned with how little there is to do in wrath.

LFD was added to wotlk pretty late in the expansion, I don’t remember exactly when but I think it was after Ulduar. I hope they simply drop it, or don’t make it cross-realm. Dualspec also got added some time in the middle of the expansion and I hope they add it from the start. Either way, it will probably be fine tbh, LFD is nowhere near as bad a feature as LFR.

1 Like

LFD was added in 3.3, dual spec was added in 3.1 iirc

I’m more worried about stuff that will be made by community like websites telling you which stuff is the best (items, raid comps, classes, professions) and tryharding every possible thing to extreme degrees.

Besides, WotLK, if you don’t play PvP, is also raid or die. I’m currently already tired from farming content just to have spot in raid team and be able to participate in loot distribution. I hope 10man raids will be nice middle ground for me.

At least all classes are somehow fun to play. Can’t say the same about lightning bolt spamming machine or tank.

wotlk sucks

vanilla is the best

remove flying mounts from the game

tbc wotlk and cata and retail was a mistake

its just my opinion