Arena 123 binds

Hello, I’m currently in the process of creating arena 123 binds as I want to get into pvp. I’ve decided my arena 123 will be asd with modifiers. But I don’t know if I want to only go for target arena 123 or assign specific spells to arena 123 binds. From my understanding targeting arena 123 and then pressing the bind for the cc is slower than pressing cc arena 123. I would go for the 2nd option but I have a mouse with only 2 buttons and find myself struggling for keys.
Also I would like to do bgs and wpvp as well. Is there a macro that allows me to, let’s say, cc my target, pressing shift and key would cc my focus but also cc an arena target, or do i need to have arena 123 cc and normal cc with focus bind?

You could have /focus arena 1-3 bound and Just have shift modifiers on your CC charge etc

1 Like

You don’t 100% NEED 123 binds on everything, I’d say only have it on essentials such as kicks or CC’s but you’re a Warrior so there’s not much need for 123 binds since your kicks is dependant on your melee range and your CC’s have CDs, I think you could get by just fine with a Kick and Focus kick macro and a the same for something like Stormbolt. 123’s are only useful if you are able to kick anything from anywhere kick a Mages CS for example or have spammable CC as you’ll be CCing the healers and off DPS alot and the 123 macros make it so you don’t lose up time on your dmg by having to target CC/Kick then retarget to do dmg.

So yeah… I’d say have kick & focus kick, Stormbolt & focus Stormbolt… umm, come Shadowlands you will probably need an Intervein & intervein focus macro too. I could be wrong, probably best go onto Twitch, find a high rated warrior player and ask them about what’s best… that’s the best bet. high rated Warrior players would be Joe Fernandes, Whaazz and Trillebartom.

2 Likes

With warrior you can probably get away with having less 123 binds but if you plan to play to play other classes then you could benefit from buying a mouse with button grid. It just grants you alot of additional and easy to use binds (you don’t have to use numerical keys on your mouse so you can still use 1-9 on your keyboard regardless).

Personally I find it helpful to have target 123 with “easy access” on my mouse with focus 123 on same buttons with modifier. On top of that I usually have 2-5 spells with 123 binds for each class that change with modifiers.

Having 123 binds also somewhat reduces the need for focus binds. For example, I hardly ever use targeted/focus Sap, Focus blind and so on, because I can more easily just use 123 binded spells. Benefit of this is that I can use focus to keep better track of what certain player is doing/who is he targeting instead of reserving focus frame to land CC and disruption on healer because your keybinds don’t allow you to do so without having focus frame on that person, If that makes sense.

1 Like

highly recommend 123 binds

123 targeting binds
123 bind for your most reliable (short cd) cc

thats all you need
dont 123 focus
dont 123 other abilities
even with 123 targeting. you will sometimes want to just mouse target as it can be more efficient

1 Like

Play dh u only need kick 123 and prison 123 ur dmg rota is 1.2 1.2 :slight_smile:

Yes, I forgot to mention these. They are very good to have.

Of course its your personal play style but doesn’t this just cause button bloat for you? 9 times out of 10 you’re only ever blinding the healer, its rare you’ll blind a DPS unless its to save someone from dying so wouldn’t a focus blind save some space? or

If u need warr makros hit me up ingame

1 Like

To your question,

I don’t always keep focus on healer (main reason), sometimes I need to blind stuff when they come out of stealth, or they drop focus target with meld, stealth etc. It’s just more reliable way.

Having alot of binds on my mousegrid helps alot as I currently have 18 keybinds on my mouse for arena 123 without actually feeling bloated in terms of keybinds.

Fair enough, people stealthing is a problem for focus macros.

I remember when I played Feral for a while and the guy I was playing was and helping me learn was a arena 123 addict. I ended up with 54 key binds for playing a Feral druid, the amount of brain lag having bloated key binds cause can really mess with your performance. Needless to say after I stopped playing with that guy I found far more success with few 123 binds and a few focus macros for stuff like spell steal.

As a Rogue I find blind 123 is the most useful (for fast blinds out of stealth etc) but otherwise I don’t use any (and I barely use blind 123).

I think its rather class specific and also depends if you do 2s or 3s more. I can imagine counterspell/poly 123 being pretty good for mages.

Binds are just too personal imo. I think target 123 and focus 123 I couldn’t live without. I also have focus for almost every ability except mutilate/envenom on assa and evis on sub.

Missing a few (8 buttons)

CM123, RM P12, FE123

Why was this deleted?

Dude wtf i think your advises a good.

Sure, whatever.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.