Arena MMR is majorly screwed over

I dont know what MMR system YOU blizzard picked but is the WORST i have ever played with . And i have been PvPing in this game for 18 years . This isnt how was in original WOTLK, till 1.4-1.5 you where still getting high cr for winning and barely losing any . You cant put rating requirement for every part of the gear and balance the system around the bulk of players to be 1.2-1.4k . Is full on trash fest , one game(1.2k mmr) i meet good players that play like they should be on 1.8kcr and next game i meet some guys who have 0 resi and insta die and both have SAME MMR . But youd say the guys that played good will move on to higher cr and mmr right ? WRONG . 1 hour later i meet them again at the same mmr . FIX your dam system your crappy hot fix wont do anything if the season is suppose to end January . I was looking to do a lot of PvP in WOTLK , but instead im just enjoying the PvE , If you dont fix the mmr system PvP in wotlk classic will be dead before the next season .

1 Like

This isn’t wotlk, it’s wotlk remastered, it’s odd how they still pretend to live in both worlds.

The reward system for PvP in general sucks compared to PvE, you’re better off trying to gear yourself in PvE for PvP content than actually doing PvP. Vault of Archavon and Valor emblems says hello!

It makes no sense having three gear tiers anyway, having honor, arena points, and on top of having arena points also gating it with rank.

The lowest rank is espcially an insult, why spend 3 hours in a BG for a crappy blue item? While I can do an entire Hero world tour, see 40 blue’s, 10 epics, and get enough emblems for any guaranteed epic/blue piece I want?

And for $hit and giggles, PvP gear I get from VoA and Emblems aren’t even gated by rank. Yep, if you actually do PvP but aren’t ‘good enough’ you can’t wear the item since it’s only for the pro’s, but if you kill some NPC in a 4 min boss fight, you’re qualified to wear it with pride.

Haha, good luck with the Arena.

2 Likes

Literally, theres plenty of players at 2k with blue items. Just be better.

2 Likes

yeah this

just be better!
step 1: pick human warrior or human paladin at character creation
step 2. win

Literally wotlk is quite good balanced u can climb with every single class…

You literally just supported Blizzard’s controversial statement - “If a class has at least 1 viable spec, it’s fine and no changes are required.”

Get him boys, it’s a Blizzard-lover.

1 Like

Disgusting.

2 Likes

I also wanted to respond something along the lines of

• starting rating is ultimately the grand average (every match trades rating from losers to winners)
  • maybe unsuccessful people play less, so there is little rating to take
  • PvP and MMO don’t mix (rewarding good players with even more power so that they stomp even more)

But the OP experience tells me of a low playerbase situation where you have a lot of smurfs, too, so that ranks are unreliable. Not sure how fast people are but we are only two months into the expansion.

Maybe players aren’t interested in failing in arena for no rewards either.
It’s like low level dungeons, they could happen, but nobody cares.
It might change over time once people have more alts ready to join. Every loss your alt feeds into the system ultimately comes back as a win on your main.

All the classes got at least 2 viable specs in PvP, some of them got 3 (shaman, paladin, druid), what youre talking about 1 spec viable wtf.

PVP and mmos do mix, only if the pvp aspect is well nurtured.

If there are enormous barriers to enter arena or rated pvp, then it will pull people away from it, if people grind and run into brick walls without getting anything, people will leave.

Its all about removing barriers to entry while increasing the entertainment and skill ceiling.

Ways to solve that :

• Remove rating from gear, let people just grind away at it with points.
  • Make all rating rewards cosmetic only
  • Do some fine tuning (yes, balance, I KNOW!) doesnt need to be massive, just small incremental changes to see what gives people the most appeal.
  • Most importantly, make it easy for people to find teammates! Cross realm LFG, more casual yet rated pvp arenas (like RBG or even epic RBGs) to allow people avenues to enter pvp in a more natural way in all kinds of specs.
3 Likes

pvp is trash if u are not ele lock not worth playing so dont play it

The biggest fix to pvp would be to allow cross realm grouping for arenas (a lot of people stopped playing because they’re locked away on a pvp dead server and can’t find a good partner, or simply not a lot to choose from). It’s also weird how at 1200-1400 rating you get a lot of -rating for a loss compared to a +rating from a win.

2 Likes

^ This but also some rating requirement adjustments lock weapons at 1800 (p2+ cause theyre equivalent to hardmode 25 ilvl) and shoulders for that “im gud” feel that way you dont have every1 running with ridiculously strong but easy to get weapons and still have something to show off for your “2k” or w/e.

tl;dr xrealm arena lfg and tbc 2k should / 1.8k weap rating gates no more

Current system is completely fine. You get full epic pvp gear with 0 rating. I find it fun and challenging trying to reach the final rating points do I can finally buy deadly shoulders; something tangible to try to achieve with a useful reward (but not gamebreaking).

Not everyone needs to get every piece of loot via wellfare. Skill should be rewarded, like gladiator mounts and titles (unachievable by me, and im fine with that).

Only specs that I dont rly see in ~2k arena are Blood, hpriest, demolock and arcane. That leaves a lot of specs in. Including protwar/pala.

You just simply - bad player
2k players with blue gear
Resilience work how it work in original WoW, literally

How? I believe even the shoulders on the low-quality hateful ones require at least some rating. Unless you get them via PvE emblems, of course, then your ‘skill’ doesn’t matter.

Yeah, but then why lock rated items behind ‘skill’, while giving them away at the backdoor without rating requirement in PvE? That doesn’t make sense…

I fully agree on title/mount and tabard btw, the rest should be attainable by points without ranking if you can get it from VoA rng and putting in 4 minutes of time.

Baseline should be if you can get it from PvE without rank, you should be able to get it from PvP without rank as well.

Tbh you dont lose rating till like 1400 rating … so the only way how to NOT get hateful shoulders is, if you dont play arenas …

1 Like

“Tbh you don’t really lose any rating till like 2300 rating … so the only way how to NOT get deadly shoulders is, if you don’t play arenas …”

I’ll member to copy paste that anytime someone complains, just git gud, and otherwise you weren’t really playing pvp anyway.

Still doesn’t adress the issue why you can get them without rating in PvE.

You are just getting salty here … but you actually dont lose any rating if you lose arena till like 1300-1400 … Idk where the actual breakpoint is, it might differ with brackets …

Because some muppet at blizzard thought forcing PvP players to get their BiS from stupidass raids was good idea …