Arena solo queue tests in 9.2

I think also they worded it “every possible combination” but i doubt that means combination of 3dps and one team with 2heals1dps, so its probably comboed by all dpses.

How will it work with healers ?
Will there be healers or we don’t know yet?
Is it 2vs2 or 3vs3 ?
From what I read it seems to be 3vs3.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/solo-queue-solo-shuffle-pvp-brawl-coming-to-shadowlands-eternitys-end-patch-9-2-324850

With 3v3 2 healer, there would be 6 match too play ( or?)
BUT what if one leave bevor all 6 games are played

The players better be of relatively similar gear level.

Hopefully if it doesn’t go well they don’t use it as an excuse to entirely dismiss soloQ.

I’d also love the autochess win/loss system to be in as far as rating goes, where the upper half each get increased rating, and the lower half respectively lose more for each consecutive loss.

I think it will be a clownfiesta but we will see, I’ll participate and see what it will be like personally.

Probably gonna turn out as clownfiesta :smirk:

Here is a more detailed info on this feature:

Six rounds is too much, especiall in WoW. People start to leave after 1-2 losses. In swtor there was best of 3 solo q arenas, but mechanic was that after 5 minutes there was poison that kill everyone and the last survivors wins. Means arena match never going more than 5 minutes, NEVER. Even if its going for live - people start tryhard at hight MMR and going to lick column till end of world - and its going to be hell to play in 6 rounds. Bad idea in general.
The best way just give people 5 x 5 solo q arena - it really can be fun.

1 Like

Idk if I like that first death ends the round.

Would be too easy for rogues to just bait trinket with blind and then duel with blades to just kill 1 to end the game.

Ehh Idk with this current meta being this bursty how this will turn out. Some classes are way too dependable of teammates to peel for them.

Rogue/mages will dominate at least on >average MMR. I mean classes with immunes and escapes will just crash everything, cuz its going till 1 death. For example u just can’t trade 1 guy for all their def cd-s and kill them. Dead = lost game.

On any reasonable skill level getting one kill is the win anyways so I don’t see the problem with that. There will be some saboteur influences in the game this way right? One turn players are your allies and in the next one your enemy. You will have the opportunity to asses your future enemy so to speak. I think this will add a new level of tactical gameplay.:slight_smile:

I’ve won too many 2v3 games against RMP players in these last 2 expansions, not sure If I entirely agree with the “1 kill and it’s over”.

Especially since you have never played with these people before. So I assume some will just die without using defensives expecting others to save them or in worst scenario whole team uses cooldowns to save one.

Idk… Maybe solo que is just not for me, I really don’t see the appeal now that I think about it. Someone not reacting properly can just singlehandedly lose me my game.

So you never use LFG? You have a set of team members you farm gladiator with?
If you use LFG these things you describe WILL happen. Even if you play with a set team, people have off days and this kind of stuff happens.
There will be players that pull you down and some that will pull you up, but since all different setups are played … so will the other players have the same advantage or disadvantage right?
I am looking forward to trying this out. And I am looking forward to use my brain to predict which teammate will be the weakest link in the next match:)
I think this kind of solo q might add more to the game than solo queing, it might even become a sort of new gameplay:)

probably a skill issue on your end

You gotta be beyond everything to still try and talk down the importance of soloque. I even have mates and get it so how can people be that dense

I wonder if you roleplay a low iq orc sometimes on forums. That is my opinion kiddopuncher, that name is offensive btw I’m gonna report you to Bobby Kottick and tell him that you use violence against kids.

Now, that is my prediction, I think the brawl as it is will be clown fiesta, similar to skirmish. Still having an effortless ranked system is worth trying. I never said “OH NO DON’T EVEN TRY IT”, we will see the outcome when it goes live.

having a bad day huh ?

Exact opposite actually.

People who are against soloQ are those low skill meta slaves, those who need perfect setup to play, they are those false gods of WoW, time of their demise is near, they know indeed that with soloQ they will be put where they belong, they wont be able to hide their sub paar gameplay skills behind some strong meta setups any longer. Can justice be more sweet?

2 Likes

lol no, solo queue will be so bad

Idk, why some people so angry about solo q. Its just option. Yes, they are playing much in a difference state, there is no “chess gameplay”. But who cares? Fun must be in PvP, its not a job anyway.