Arena targeting Help

I’m trying to move over to using keybinds for targeting in arena (currently z,x,c for arena target 1 2 3 with shift/ctrl modifiers for shear/cc) and scroll up / down for party members, middle click for myself with ctrl modifiers for dispel.

I’m trying to practice this in skirmishes but each game the unit frames are in a different order. Sometimes i’m in the middle, sometimes top or bottom, which makes it very hard to instinctively look at my frame and know which direction to scroll…

I was wondering how other people deal with this?

Personnally i’ve made macro on the keyboard on calculator number to target people.
it simply look like this

I’ve done that with focus too.

With that i just have to press the targeting/ focus easely without miscliking into those spell.

badly mobile computer some don’t get calculator keyboard buton.

There are 2 ways to do it.

1. Press Escape -> Interface -> Raid Profiles -> Sort By: Select “Alphabetical”
  2. Use this macro:
    for targetting your party:

/target XYZ
/run local i,u=7 ,"XYZ"if UnitExists(u)and i~=GetRaidTargetIndex(u)then SetRaidTarget(u,i)end

for targetting yourself:

/target [@player]
/run local i,u=2,"player"if UnitExists(u)and i~=GetRaidTargetIndex(u)then SetRaidTarget(u,i)end

“u=some_number” is a numeric value of raid marks. 1 = star, 8= skull. This macro is useful to counter the bug, when you play with a stealth class or mage, where vanish/ invis/ restealth / shadowmeld, often causes the marks to disappear. Every time you target yourself or partners, the mark will reappear.

It will not help you during skirmishes, as you need to provide the name manually, but it’s useful for arena.

You can automate it further, to create macro with button click and funnel actual names from party frames, but it’s not worth the effort imho.

Disclaimer: you need to be the party leader, for the marks re-appearing thing to work.
Disclaimer2: you can of course use [@arena1], [@arena2] and so on, but as you noticed, with default settings the order changes each game, which makes it very confusing.

1 Like

Helo. I use addon SortGroup :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.