Argent Dawn, Communities, Us VS Them & Escapism

I don’t really get what the change is

Oh, have you been gone for long? When did you last play?

I think there is a difference in opinions between earlier years / now because the setting is simply different - griefing is way more common and so on

4 Likes

Some things have undoubtedly occurred in the past. There have been episodes of misconduct more than a few times.

It doesn’t help that their community has rotten apples which adopt toxic attitudes that are then protected by their officers. Or break the rules they establish, etc etc. Other than that, one would question why they are also so aggressive (just look at the replies to the OP) and prone to spread misinformation, knowing full well that this might send a lot of backlash against people.

Flicks your nose and pulls it all the way down lol enjoy mate

1 Like

I feel this is something all of us will never agree on. Last night i was RP and got griefed and the whole group reported them but i am sure nothing happens to them as always. What we need to do is perhaps rather than arguing about it in the Forums perhaps all open a ticket and actually talk to blizzard about the problems we have.

On the valley of Honor? Most people, me Included, did.

2 Likes

We do both lol

5 Likes

Ate the oocers.

2 Likes

What makes you think it’s a “one or the other” thing?

We’re very capable of doing both at once.

2 Likes

When Vaxir thinks you’re weird, you know something has gone horribly wrong. XD

2 Likes

We’re all a little weird but holy crap. What is it with people on games and bickering and tryna out alts and all that crap?

I blame quarantine.

1 Like

idk what is it with people getting art of their characters in front of 1940s germans camps in a hugo boss outfit

I would too if this hadn’t been going on since… as long as I’ve been here and that is ten years, though I personally think it’s getting worse, especially with alt trackers and the likes.

The problem with altposting is that it’s a means to dodge the consequences of taking snipes at people/communities or trolling. It’s a really cowardly move and these people should be exposed.
It’s cool if you just post on your orc alt to answer a question regarding orc lore for example.

6 Likes

I have had RPers grief RP before. Labeling OOC players as the only ones that does is bias, tbh. Everyone can be guilty of such.

3 Likes

Yeah, but any decent GM will kick or otherwise sanction their griefing guild members. Since RP is a social hobby, ostracizing griefers among us is rlly based.

1 Like

If they aren’t in a guild, it doesn’t really matter. Even OOC guilds don’t always care much.

My point is just to not label as OOCers as the only one who does it, as I am sure there are other people with similar experiences too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

much like orchestrating likes through discord or posting on non-PCU characters to support the PCU

“you’re a coward because you criticize us while we can’t harm your reputation” looks like a good trade off

Who asked.

2 Likes