Argent Dawn, Communities, Us VS Them & Escapism

Been out of the loop ever since I transfered to AD from Sha’tar, I didn’t know about the community until about maybe a month before my guild joined?
All my interactions are firsthand experiences not just in wow but recently in other games too
All the things they are accused of, I just don’t see it occuring nor do I feel like it fits the people who are part of the community
That’s my 2 cents

1 Like

I love Night Elves.

:clown_face:

… No you have fallen into their trap!

With those shoulder-pads? Yeah… They will never let you in.

One of the very few times I’ve alt posted. Or should I say alt clowned.

I know the lore of it dw… Story forums’ legacy.

Grunts honourably.
No big shoulderpads, no honour.

2 Likes

I thought better of you Kump, shame on you!

1 Like

I expected a clown… You’ve disappointed me Vixi. Demotes from KFC officer

Adding to the topic, though, OOCers should really try to invest in RP. No matter how much, I mean… Just walk in the streets of Orgrimmar and ask a grunt “Who’s Axefang?” then you’ll hear my legend, and have RPed…
For Alliance, ask about Naros.

Simple as that. You don’t have to constantly RP to be considered an RPer but rather, just having ever roleplayed and casually do so.

2 Likes

:clown_face:

4 Likes

I have never really done any serious RP since I started here in Legion (when I came back to WoW). I have done some very minor casual RP on rare occasion. I have never actively tried to disrupt /say or /yell with nonsense that isn’t IC. I am still OOC most of the time, just questing around the world and doing PvE content with lore appropriate names.

I know that it’s probably not a player like me you’re talking about, but it still makes me upset that you use such a broad term to be negative. I think you should stop using OOC to describe the baddies.

At least add something more to it, or use a completely different term. If you don’t then I think you’re part of the problem.

1 Like

So you’re not the kind of personal anyone is complaining about

What would you describe a player who is on this (RP) server with no intention / interest in ever RPing on any level as if not that

Think that’s basically an arbitrary thing to say

The nebulous “the problem”, yeah … unless someone celebrates getting griefed on the daily they’re part of the problem

Epic ending to an epic post actually

8 Likes

Because not all OOC’ers are griefers? I was talking about people using OCC to meaning someone who is out of character and a griefer. Which is weird. Why can’t you see that?

1 Like

I usually use the term “r-word imbeciles” since I also know these people go to a dentist when they got issues with their feet. Would you prefer that term?

I am part of the problem to refer to people as OOC’ers to disrupt roleplay? Interesting.

the question was what would you rather call them, not to ask another question yourself

why do you want to share your hot take 450 posts into a thread when its been covered, eaten, regurgitated, spat out and then flushed down 10 times already by way smarter people than you

OOC - Out of Character
OOCer / OOCel - Person who’s only OOC with no intention of RPing

4 Likes

Because I just saw it now, and wanted to say my piece.

Ok, let me spell it out…

OOcer: People who don’t rp and never rped.

Griefer: People who sad life is ruin the fun of others cuz they don’t have the mental capacity for anything else.

Made it clear?

3 Likes

But a large majority of griefers are OOCers.

Yeah but many are and if none of them roleplay the " good " ones don’t really contribute to the core theme of this realm and the ones that do grief do so religiously

You don’t need to retread the tired #NotAllOOCers response because the goal is more robust moderation / RP policies for the realm rather than actually beleiving one day every OOC player will dip

I think you’ve shuffled in on an alt to drop some reply without reading this thread

What’s even more weird though is people advocating the last active RP server as a great place to have a non-RPing majority

6 Likes

Can you reply to my edited post?

This is the char I started playing on since I came back this week.

I don’t really get what the change is

Oh, have you been gone for long? When did you last play?

I think there is a difference in opinions between earlier years / now because the setting is simply different - griefing is way more common and so on

4 Likes