Arms rage starved?

Is it me or prepatch arms feels kinda rage starved? I feel like i have so many windows where i have no rage which never has happend before in df unless it was early patch. I wonder if new talents will fix that

1 Like

Think they said not long time ago that they will brick the “rage starved” playstyle because its “tactical”

I’ve been raiding some awakened Myth in BIS and never been rage starved. You have to think about how to use your rage, you cannot idle your procs anymore. This is how it used to be in every single expansion prior to this one before the battlelord + warlords talents removed all semblance of resource management and dumbed down Arms into fury 2.0. If you struggle with resource management i would recommend sacrificing one point of bloodborne for Exhilarating blows/Bloodsurge (depending on if your doing M+ or raiding).

I am so happy Arms is going to require a bit of thinking again, DF Arms was so painfully boring compared to earlier expansions.

1 Like

Yeap, back to classic ,cause arms must somehow struggle again with rage while all other specs can happily live on 2024

6 Likes

Yes, it’s a lot worse than before. It’s a very bad and unfair nerf of Arms. Mage, DH, rogue… no any other class/spec I play starving anything I can see so far.

3 Likes

Same bro i use one execute and now i can’t play the game. Massive L

3 Likes

Yeah, is some bs man. I think it was pretty fine in DF, but now? Bs man, some bs

1 Like

running 46 haste on warrior feels ok, but occasionally get a window in execute phase when cannot do anything. on beta its quite bad with < 20% haste

1 Like

I now simmed arms on a target dummy single target for 5min and was actually NEVER rage starved, dont know what you are doing wrong. xD

Edit:
I also played it in 2 mythic+ dungeons and never had rage problems, was capped most of the time tbh.

Imagine being in a pvp scenario, having to maintain hamstring,rend , mortal strike, while spamming ignore pain and occasionally impending victory when u must not have dead globals consider u have 100% uptime.

1 Like

If they balance Arms to have less rage, the spec can scale better, in theory. My Warrior in S3 gear that I haven’t played since S3 is swimming in rage right now, I can’t even spend enough rage to find a use for Skullbreaker outside of Execute.

So when you account for things like high crit/haste and set bonuses, it’s quite possible we end up in the same situation as before. If you’re balanced to have a lot of rage early on and the damage numbers are tuned around that rage income, there is no room for growth with increased rage generation.

But if Arms does good numbers even while rage starved, it means the scaling likely won’t drop off as hard. Arms in S3 had infinite rage with good gear, but the scaling dropped off hard and the spec was bottom-feeding until it got buffed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.