Army of the Light, are there others?

So with the upcoming Shadowlands expansion in which we will learn where the souls of all living and sentient creatures in the Universe go I begun to wonder about a very specific case which bothered me ever since the Legion expansion. That is, Army of the Light.

„After the fall of Argus, the draenei’s finest warriors followed the prime naaru Xe’ra across the cosmos in an eternal war to bring about the Legion’s end. Since then, other survivors of the Burning Crusade have joined the ranks of the Lightforged.”

The question being, were where the other races of the Army of the Light during the Campaign on Argus? Do the other races fighting for the Army of the Light exist? Or is it just one holy demon, one elf, one human, one naaru and bunch of glowing draenei?

This seems strange to me that Blizz didn’t even bothered to just expand a little bit what they meant by „Other survivors of the Burning Crusade.” Do they mean Draenei? The Azeroth people? Not to mention that even in Thousand Years War Xe’ra is only naaru which is dominating. Now we know that the Army isn’t small, because compared to two ships(one which crashed and second we’ve never seen again) which Xe’ra had during the Third Invasion we have the whole Army sub-faction of Sha’tar which arrived with one big massive fortress of Tempest Keep and four smaller ships.

So how is it then? Are there still other Army of the Light units doing their cosmic stuff or were those just the draenei?

I appricate the detailed answers!

2 Likes

What we know for certain right now is that Lothraxion, the holy dreadlord, and his ship the Auribor are both missing in action possibly on a mission for the Army of the Light. We also know that the Light has made a pact with the enemy of all…which many presume would be Death. So maybe we might actually see some Lightforged or soldiers of the Light in the upcoming Shadowlands expansion. We have Calia as an indicator for this pact (even though Calia doesn’t have much in common with your regular run-of-the-mill Lich King or necromancer undead). We also know that in the Draenor-timeline Yrel is starting up her own “Light”-crusade.

Outside of that not much is known. Considering that the Light itself isn’t conscious but it’s simply a power, the pact has to be made by someone in servitude of the Light. Naaru, Lothraxion or someone else.

AotL supposedly has quite a variety of races from all over the cosmos, but Blizzard were too lazy to create unique models for them.

4 Likes

There will be different factions of the AotL… If Blizzard dexides to build a plot that could use them. When they go full cosmic and have us fight over planets controlled by Light, Fel and Demons, I wouldn’t be surprised to see motr of them. But for everything else they are kind of narratively unnecessary, so they might as well not exist. Blizzard has aquired the habit of making world-building fully dependent on the plot, so I fear until they are used their existence is in limbo.

1 Like

yeah true, they could considering, even we liberated Argus from the legion, they still posses a lot of planets that they have full controll of, what also meens if they for some odd reason, happen to find Azeroth, they can come back again, whit a new leader, though most likely not an titan, unless they already have other corrupted titans in their ranks, what is a propablity they do have.

There is nothing implying their existence in-game, or anywhere since that very early description. In other words, they have effectively been retconned. Not just placed in “limbo”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.