Arthas -Christie Golden

Can anyone tell me if there are any other books written with a bit more depth to them? It started off ok but now it is just skimming over large chunks of the story

If one novel enough to destroy an character than it is arthas rise of the lich king

1 Like

Why though? Have you actually read the book?

For the most part Golden merely transcripted the dialogues already in place in the Wc3 campaign.

While the idea that it utterly destroys is an over exaggeration, there are indeed a few rather significant changes in how the story was evolving.

1. Ner’zhul. We originally we led to believe that the Lich King is this odd amalgamation of Arthas and the shaman, only then for the story to tell that this is not the case. First, it was just Arthas, then Arthas became just a puppet, and Ner’zhul overall just thrown out of the story.
  2. Arthas’ duels. His fight with Illidan [the original one] showed them equal. When Arthas became a death knight, he was capable to kill Uther, one of strongest paladins. Yet according to how the story went on, both wins were 1 step away from being accidental. With Illidan, it was more of the elf’s mistake that led to his defeat, and just like in this battle, dealing with Uther was only possible with the direct interference of Ner’zhul, or whatever it is supposed to be currently.
  3. Silvermoon. Where the original was the tragic story about the high elves being doomed in the battle against the unending army, now it turns out, that it was the betrayal that led to the fall of the city.

So, overall, from being more or less a death incarnate and the lead of the force that could consume all there is on Azeroth, Arthas was changed into someone who could only achieve things when he was aided by someone, being more or less guided to his status.

What would happen should Ner’zhul not interfere in his battles? According to the original, what was achieved, happened because of Arthas. According to what we have now - only a certain defeat would be the case.

Some might like the way the story was changed. Alterations are not overwhelming and the key events still exist and still led to kind of somewhat similar outcomes.

At the same time I personally dislike it. As someone who played the original Warcraft 3 all the way when it was released, I feel like I “was” there, I “saw” what happened. And then somebody tell me “no, no, actually, it was not the case”. You might call it a personal preference. I have nothing positive to say about such changes. I just have less interest in learning about the story because of such things.

gl hf

i think the orc lore she wrote was good but she is terrible at writing humans.

Thats not what i mean.

More so the dynamik of the character of arthas itself.

Exactly. She gqve the orcs some kind of humanity. But the humans? They were totaly whitewhasef

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.