Arthas, LK's armor, when?

A simple summary of how I see it from wow.gamepedia and the novel “Rise of the Lich King” by Christie golden and various random clips.

Arthas goes to Northrend in his own paladin armor.
After finding Frostmourne he fights MalGanis’, still in his own armor.

But then* he goes home and kills his father in the Lich Kings armor, without visiting the Lich King in his frozen throne. *As seen in the novel and a youtube clip called “Warcraft 3 Reforged All Cutscenes and Cinematics | Reign of Chaos&The Frozen Throne Campaign” at 54 minutes, which I cannot link.

Am I missing something. I never played Warcraft 3, but have seen what I said earlier about the cutscenes and cinematics from Warcraft 3, reforged version.

The reason I am asking this, is because on wowgamepedia it is stated that Ner’zhuls spirit is bonded to the helm of damnation AND the armor. So how did he got it without visiting the frozen Throne, which he did later on.

This has probably been retconned to just the helm. As for how he got the armor, I’d imagine it’s not beyond the realm of possibility the LK sent agents to deliver it to Arthas en route.

You got it wrong. Arthas didn’t wear Lich King’s armor, but his own. When he became a Death Knight, he changed his Paladin armor for the one he used in WC3 after becoming corrupted all the way til his death. The only addition later was the Helm of Domination, which he started to wear after cracking Lich King’s prison (ice).

Lich King’s armor (aka Ner’Zhul’s) was in the ice, but Arthas picked just the Helm.
Wowpedia said it because Ner’Zhul’s souls was indeed bound to his “set”, but apparently armor became completely irrelevant, leaving Helm of Domination as the single source.

Basicly he just painted his paladin’s armour black and added some spikes and skulls to it.

4 Likes

You mean he copied orcish style!

Furs, spikes and Skulls yes, but Orcish style is red.

Obviously not, have you seen how covered up he is? A true Orc would be proud to show his glorious skin to the world. Bonus points if you’re bare-chested like Grommash and Garrosh.

He took the half inspiration from them then.

Thank you all!

No he copied the black legion.

Damn these goth teen phases…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.