As a new player when is skyriding unlocked for me?

as a new player on first character when is sky riding unlocked for me ?

2 Likes

Should be a quest that pops as part of the storyline

1 Like

You will be offered a skyriding (dragon riding) quest once you reach the Ruby Life Pools part of the story in the waking shores.

1 Like

If the quest doesn’t come up, it may be linked to Flying skills in WoW generally…so it may require your character to reach Level 60

hmm .i see . i asked because i saw some dragonflight dungeons videos on youtube where people were using dragonriding or skyriding to reach from one point to next one .

1 Like

Hmmm…it’s a very long time since I got flying on my original Character (2007) and Dragoflight is new to this Xpac, so it might complicate matters.
I would try speed leveling using the Solo Dungeon mode, for Dungeons that don’t need dragonflight as a quick fix…you can then pick up on the Main storyline afterwards

You are directed to the Dragon Isles after completing the starter Isle, Exile’s Reach. It’s one of the early on quests that teaches you to skyride in the Waking Shores.

2 Likes

hmm.it seems i havent done it or maybe there are some extra requirements ? the mounts that i have in collection ,they do say skyriding in blue .
so probably it will open up once i am lvl 20 ?

Skyriding unlocks at lvl 10 make sure you are using a skyriding capable mount and switch style unlocks at level 20. according to icy veins guide. If it hasn’t try the suual things, relog, reload ui etc etc etc…there are a lot of bugs. “”".icy-veins.com/wow/skyriding-guide

Edit: not sure if you’ll still have to collect all the dragon glyphs to enable all your skyriding talents post 11.0 but it’s actually pretty fun and only takes a few minutes plenty guides online and ingame map addons available.

Edit/edit: just noticed your not lvl 20 yet, at lvl 20 you’ll get a button that lets you switch style to skyriding, it’s possible blizz unlocks skyriding at 10 but you can’t switch to it until 20 that sounds like the kind of oversight they tend to make when they are busy, which they are…i genuinely don’t know but i think you’ll be good.

2 Likes

The dragon riding talents now gradually and automatically unlock as a player levels up.

Skyriding unlocks at level 10 but for a new player you still need to do the intro quest which is part of the Waking Shores Campaign - which you should reach about 15-20mins into the campaign.

If you’ve chose to bypass the Dragon Isles and level elsewhere then I think (Not 100% sure) you’ll still get it when you hit level 20.

Once you’ve done the unlock quest on any character on your account you will get it automatically at level 10 in your alts without needing to do the unlock quest again.

^^ This

The Level 20 flying is Steady Flight.

2 Likes

can confirm dragonriding has been unlocked after i reached the waking shores in ruby life pools and did the quest " dragonriding" .i am lvl 18 atm . and so did skyriding with it .

also one last question . do i need to collect these riding glyphs or will i get the points or glyphs automatically as i level up ?

1 Like

You now get the talents as you level up.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.